LED Lights

rogo88

2004 Winnebago 369W

Looking to replace bulbs w/ LED's.  Does anyone have a listing of the bulb numbers for this coach?  Or generally utilized ones for Class A's?

Looked thru' the Electrical Group of the Parts List but didn't see part numbers to try to reference with LED part numbers.  Is there another source for this information?

Thank You

Ron

I recommend reading this: https://wheelingit.us/2011/03/19/boondocking-made-easy-led-lighting/

Nina does a good job of explaining lots of things relating to LED lights.

Linda Sand.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The RV Geeks also did a video on their own project (watch it, you can score a discount).  When we converted over to LED's in our Class C (long since gone now) the folks we turned to was M4 Products.  When I couldn't find a number I simply called them, messaged a picture  to them and described what color  or temperature I preferred. Done deal.  A couple of points:

There are several "temperatures" on LED's. Make sure you find the ones for each area that will work best for you.
Good LED's don't come cheap. "Deals" may actually cost you more in the long run so really do your homework.

Here's the link http://www.m4products.com/

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

9 hours ago, Chris-n-Dennis said:

Good LED's don't come cheap. "Deals" may actually cost you more in the long run so really do your homework.

Here's the link http://www.m4products.com/

Our experience has been that provided you get the LED's with the right voltage range it doesn't matter where you get them. We bought ours on E-Bay based on "Cheapest including shipping" and apart from the outside light (which rotted away in Florida) we've had no failures in 3 years.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, coachmac9 said:

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but aren't the LED lights supposed to last a lot longer than normal bulbs??

The key was stated in "the right voltage range".  A LED rated at 12 volts can have a very short life as the typical voltage in RVs is more like 13.5 volts.  Cheap 12 volt LED life falls off the cliff when used over 12 volts. 

My experience was using a boat step light (Boats are usually under 12 volts) in an always on situation.  The first units were lasting four-five weeks.  Adding a 12 volt regulator chip made the last unit last for 10 years.

Better quality LED lamps have built-in voltage regulators.  Also some LEDs are rated for a range that goes higher than 13 volts.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

3 minutes ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

The key was stated in "the right voltage range".  A LED rated at 12 volts can have a very short life as the typical voltage in RVs is more like 13.5 volts.  Cheap 12 volt LED life falls off the cliff when used over 12 volts. 

My experience was using a boat step light (Boats are usually under 12 volts) in an always on situation.  The first units were lasting four-five weeks.  Adding a 12 volt regulator chip made the last unit last for 10 years.

Better quality LED lamps have built-in voltage regulators.  Also some LEDs are rated for a range that goes higher than 13 volts.

Thanks, that must be what happened...got some LED's at a great price and as usual, you get what you pay for!! Should have known!!

• 8 months later...

One thing to keep in mind with LEDs is they have polarity, incandescent bulbs don't. If you plug one in and it doesn't work, but when you plug the old incandescent bulb back in and it works it's possible that the socket has been wired "backwards" and will have to have the wires switched to get the LED bulb working. Plus some older turn signal flashers will not work with them and will have to be upgraded.

Archived