Free Parking in Texas

HelpInTexas

Hello... I'm located in the San Antonio area.  Need two people and/or family to park their RV on my recently inherited property and be a security presence. I don't have any work and this is not a paid position. I just need a security presence on my property and I am offering a free place to park.  Electric and water is available, but dumping would have to be done elsewhere. Looking for a quiet couple and/or family. This would be a several month opportunity. References and valid IDs are required. For more information about this opportunity, please contact angeleyes78230@yahoo.com Please provide your resume, caretaking history, references and your reasons for your interest in this opportunity.

Without sewer, this would be a no go for me.  You also need to state if the power is 30 or 50 amp.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, HelpInTexas said:

We just have standard electricity on the property.  

That is probably just a typical household outlet such as the picture below? 

61OdcJdsRyL._AC_UL320_SR228,320_.jpg

What an RV needs is either a 30a-120v (first) or a 50a-120v (second) outlet to connect the RV to.

41RU03bh90L._AC_US240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg                               5194KvhUSjL._AC_US240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Depending on the actuall locations there could be covinents that would preclude an rv from staying on the location even for a short time.  More information is needed to determine if this is vialble. If it is legally, then one possibilty on the sewer could be use of a macerator depending on the location of cleanouts in conjunction with RV location on the property. Is this in a subdivision in a city limit would be some useful information.

I know we all appreciate the offer but it would have to be a good deal for you and whoever you would choose.  Trying to find someone through SKP's seems a good starting point as most would do the right thing by you but even we have the few that might be more trouble than we are worth.  I know of an x-skp that let someone stay on their property that did not work out well it wasn't horrible but it wasn't good so both parties must do their due diligence in seeing if this would work. Good luck.

TO help in Texas

You need to clarify what you want and how you are going to handle the laws?.

A few questions?

1. you said security =  armed? or not? is a level II security officer exam required? (Texas)

2. w-9 forms independent contract worker?

3. independent contract agreement?

4. power of attorney, to represent you if police called or if injury to others or caretaker?

5. compensation? even if paid Zero= time and expenses to do job has a value. 

this would have to be spelled out in agreement for purpose

of Taxes?

6. This is an inherited property is it contested?, does it require your family presence on site or a legal representative and will the agreement cover this?  

7. what legal office will be covering all this.  Or is this just a hand shake?

8 hours ago, staffnon said:

7. what legal office will be covering all this.  Or is this just a hand shake?

We have been RV volunteers for 1 month or longer at some 35 different parks, agencies, and such and most have very little by way of written contracts. It would probably be a good thing for the person staying on the property to have some means of proving that he has a right to be there, but I would think that should be enough. I am guessing that this is undeveloped property since it has no sewer.

On 1/28/2018 at 6:17 PM, HelpInTexas said:

Hello... I'm located in the San Antonio area.  Need two people and/or family to park their RV on my recently inherited property and be a security presence. I don't have any work and this is not a paid position. I just need a security presence on my property and I am offering a free place to park.  Electric and water is available, but dumping would have to be done elsewhere. Looking for a quiet couple and/or family. This would be a several month opportunity. References and valid IDs are required. For more information about this opportunity, please contact angeleyes78230@yahoo.com Please provide your resume, caretaking history, references and your reasons for your interest in this opportunity.

Being very cautious in these days of internet stuff, I would be very sure I checked out the original poster for their references before sending personal information.   You never know when something is a valid request or something else.

I have no way of knowing one way or another about "HelpinTexas".  Just good sense to be cautious.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, Al F said:

Being very cautious in these days of internet stuff, I would be very sure I checked out the original poster for their references before sending personal information.   You never know when something is a valid request or something else.

I have no way of knowing one way or another about "HelpinTexas".  Just good sense to be cautious.

Good point, and this member only has three posts all in this thread.  Not saying that they are on the up and up.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Just wanted to clear the air here.  Yes, I only have this thread of commenting and that's because I joined this group on the advice of a friend, specifically to post this opportunity. I am a real person and I'm not a troll or some weird internet stalker.  But I understand your concern and caution statement.  You're right...lots of crazies out there!  But thanks to the people that commented on this thread, and to the member that reached out to me privately, I've determined that my land is not even accessible by an RV due to an overgrowth of tree limbs that would make it impossible for someone to even get on the land.  So I'll have to come up with an alternative.  But I want to thank everyone in this group for their thoughts and input; everyone has been very gracious and kind.  Best wishes to all of you!  

5 minutes ago, HelpInTexas said:

But I want to thank everyone in this group for their thoughts and input; everyone has been very gracious and kind.  Best wishes to all of you!  

You may one day have this more accessible and workable for an RV so feel free to return if that should happen. And thank you for thinking of us, even though it didn't work out. We love the San Antonio area and have wintered there once at San Antonio Missions NP and once at Government Canyon State Natural Area. 

Hey everyone, I was chatting with Melissa offline and offering her assistance to make sure an RV could fit and it was doable for someone. I was pretty interested in this myself, but of course with an HDT and 42' 5th wheel, being able to fit is a huge concern. She sent me the exact address which I could see from Google Earth and google street view which led to some questions if an RV could even fit. She went and took some actual pictures and that's when it became very apparent that there was no way a large RV could fit due to a very large Oak tree overhanging the driveway. 

I think if it had worked, it would have been a great opportunity for someone. Thanks again Melissa and let us know if anything changes.  

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Archived