deleting old attachments

eddie1261

I have no room for attachments.  It shows that I am at 100% of my quota. But there is no way to delete them from my list of 19 attachments. Since we also can't delete posts, I can't go to the post that contains the attachment and delete it. I now need to send something to someone in a message and I can't.

You can go to the post and edit the post and delete the attachment. The third column in the list is the post/message the attachment is referenced. Once all references/links to the attachment have been deleted you can then delete the attachment from the quota list. I just cleaned up our list and removed all old and unused attachments.  

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Pat & Pete,

I tried to delete some of the old images but having problems.  Some of the older posts do not have an "edit" option so unable to edit the images out of the original post.  Others that have the edit options I cannot figure out how to delete the image from the original post.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

3 hours ago, lenp said:

Pat & Pete,

I tried to delete some of the old images but having problems.  Some of the older posts do not have an "edit" option so unable to edit the images out of the original post.  Others that have the edit options I cannot figure out how to delete the image from the original post.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lenp

Tap the EDIT 'button' , the post should come up for editing with what ever pic you posted previously . Try right clicking the image which should highlight it . Right click on the highlight and click Delete . 

That should leave only what ever text was in the post . 

Goes around , comes around .

I must be doing something wrong here.  Can anyone shed some light on proper step to delete older images?

I have 

1) Gone to My Attachments

2) Navigated to an older post

3) Clicked on the Post Name in the right column

4) Gone to the post 

5) Clicked on EDIT

6) Left click the image and selected DELETE (or CUT in MS Edge)

7) Returned to My Attachments and can find no way of deleting the image there

8) Returned to the post itself an the image is still there

There has got to be a way to do this.

Thanks,
Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

You have to go to the post(s) were the attachment is still active and delete it from there. Use the third column to get to that post.  Edit the post and remove the attachment in that post. Then come back to the list of attachments in your profile and you should then be able to delete it from the list.

And then next time when you just want to post a photo use this link to do photos.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Trey,

I did exactly as you say (go to the actual post by clicking it in the third column) but I cannot get the attachment to delete.

Thanks for the help,

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Once you get to your post (that you created and made the attachment) then click the edit link/button (near the bottom of your post) to open the editor to edit the post. Then you should be able to delete the attachment.

2 hours ago, TreyandSusan said:

Once you get to your post (that you created and made the attachment) then click the edit link/button (near the bottom of your post) to open the editor to edit the post. Then you should be able to delete the attachment.

If the post is too old and the topic has been locked, you can no longer edit individual posts.  I just checked on a couple of attachments I have in some old posts.  I am unable to delete them because the topic has been locked, thus there is no longer an edit button on my individual post so I can’t delete the attachment.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Thanks Chad.

There must be a limbo time for some posts (locked status - I guess). For my old posts, (which were really old and probably culled for removal) I was able to delete the attachments for those directly from the My Attachments manager. I don't recall have any with the locked status to which you refer, but I understand what you've shared.

BTW Chad is who originally shared the link/tool to post linked photos - I just passed it on. -  http://photoposting.is-great.net/

Thanks Chad for that find and share.

With the exception of the old (locked?) posts.

I had not seen the small trash can in the thumbnail and was trying to delete it from the body instead.

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

• 3 weeks later...

Trey and Chad are right. It is much easier to use that online imgur tool (http://photoposting.is-great.net/) to get a link to post here. I just opened it up. I just went there and dragged this pic of my office to it, copied the link under it, did not check to enlarge it to full size and pasted the link I saved here:

qOTObZ1l.jpg

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Here I checked to make it clickable to full size:

0LwEfaml.jpg "border=0
m3zZPvb.pngClick For Full-Size Image.

You can see the "Click For Full-Size Image" under this one and not on the other one.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived