RV Insurance

OWV

This is the 3rd topic I am posting today as part of my due diligence into important, at least important to us, regarding Roadside Assistance, Extended Warranties and now RV Insurance.  Again, if there is already an extensive discussion on these topics we would appreciate if someone could direct us to them.  Thank you. 

We currently have coach insurance with Nationwide through Overland Insurance.  Fortunately, we have never needed to file a claim so I have no reason not to use Nationwide for our new coach.  That said, however, I would be remiss if I didn't due my due diligence on this topic.  So, I turn to Escapee members to ask, has anyone recently done due diligence on RV Insurance?

Carrier

Cost

Coverage

Claim service

ETC.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

OWV

Cost of an RV insurance policies is just too much of an individual thing.  By that I mean most companies start the quote by basing it on your zip code, your credit rating, among other things.  Then there are so many variables on the different coverages you can have, do you want full replacement for a new coach, fair market value replacement, etc. etc.

We re-visit our RV policy and get new quotes every year just like we do our auto insurance.  The days of staying with a neighborhood insurance agent for everything is long gone IMHO.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

For RV insurance, I suggest that you get at least three quotes and these are the companies that I get quotes from.

Miller Insurance

AIS insurance

Explorer insuranceRV Advantage insurance

Foremost Insurance

RV Insurance Pro

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My advise is to read the fine print in the policy once you receive it. We once had to cancel a brand new policy because there was a phrase in it that made the policy worthless to us.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

Cost of an RV insurance policies is just too much of an individual thing.  By that I mean most companies start the quote by basing it on your zip code, your credit rating, among other things.  Then there are so many variables on the different coverages you can have, do you want full replacement for a new coach, fair market value replacement, etc. etc.

We re-visit our RV policy and get new quotes every year just like we do our auto insurance.  The days of staying with a neighborhood insurance agent for everything is long gone IMHO.

Couldn't agree more so let me ask a different question, does anyone have either agents and/or companies that they have had experience with (good or bad) that we should either avoid or get quotes from?  Our experience with Nationwide, the one time we needed it to replace our front windshield, was excellent so we will be asking for a quote from them.  Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Bruce

5 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

For RV insurance, I suggest that you get at least three quotes and these are the companies that I get quotes from.

Miller Insurance

AIS insurance

Explorer insuranceRV Advantage insurance

Foremost Insurance

RV Insurance Pro

Have you ever dealt with Overland?  We have and can recommend them.

Regards,

OWV

10 hours ago, OWV said:

Couldn't agree more so let me ask a different question, does anyone have either agents and/or companies that they have had experience with (good or bad) that we should either avoid or get quotes from? 

All of the links in my post are to insurance agencies that I hear frequent positive comments on. I have personally used AIS. Miller Ins. is frequently mentioned on these forums. Each of them has been mentioned on these forums in the past year or so. 

10 hours ago, OWV said:

Have you ever dealt with Overland?  We have and can recommend them.

I have not. If you are planning to go fulltime, be sure that whoever you use has fulltimer coverage which many companies do not. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

22 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

All of the links in my post are to insurance agencies that I hear frequent positive comments on. I have personally used AIS. Miller Ins. is frequently mentioned on these forums. Each of them has been mentioned on these forums in the past year or so. 

I have not. If you are planning to go fulltime, be sure that whoever you use has fulltimer coverage which many companies do not. 

Agree, getting fulltimer coverage can be a challenge.  I would be interested to know which carriers do provide fulltimer coverage.  In this regard, I know that the Coach Net extended warranty insurance does not cover fulltimers, which they define as anyone who lives in their RV over 180 days.

Regards,

OWV

You may want to try National General as one of your quotes (through Good Sams).  I read somewhere recently where Good Sams and National General have parted ways but I believe NG is still writing RV policies.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Archived