EZ pass mini

avafluty

We just ordered the EZ Pass mini from Fl.  (the free sticker)  I can find no where on the internet where to mount it for a Class A motorhome.   All directions are for a rear view mirror.  In a Class A motorhome we have no rear view mirror.  I called the Customer number and the lady said to put it one index finger from the top of the windshield, is this correct???  Could someone that has this "mini sticker" give me the exact measurements from top or bottom of windshield?  Lots of people talk about it not working.

Thanks!  :)  

Position the transponder on the inside of your windshield, behind the rear view mirror and below any tinting. 4. Place the transponder on the windshield with the E-ZPass logo upright, facing you, and press firmly. Fasten the bumper mount transponder directly to the top of the front license plate holder of your vehicle.

I didn't know Florida sold a EZ Pass. They have a Sun Pass.

How to install the Sun Pass
Mini Transponder Installation Instructions. Position the transponder horizontally on the windshield so it is to the right or left of the rearview mirror -- see drawing. It must also be at least 2 inches below the windshield frame.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I suggest placing the transponder below any tinting that usually extends down to the AS1 line marked on the edge of the windshield. Some materials used for tinting are metallic and can interfere with the transponder being read.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

14 hours ago, Biker56 said:

I didn't know Florida sold a EZ Pass. They have a Sun Pass.

Fla uses at least 3 different terms for their prepaid toll system.  EZ Pass and Sun Pass are 2.  I don't remember the 3rd phrase.  Might be just plain old prepaid tolls.

I have one of the mini transponders on my truck.  Will go with the regular portable transponder if I do it again.  Can move it to different vehicles.  

25 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

Fla uses at least 3 different terms for their prepaid toll system.  EZ Pass and Sun Pass are 2.  I don't remember the 3rd phrase.  Might be just plain old prepaid tolls.

I have one of the mini transponders on my truck.  Will go with the regular portable transponder if I do it again.  Can move it to different vehicles.  

I agree, our portable Sunpass transponder moves between two vehicles and was used with a 3rd one before we sold it.  

E-Z Pass only works on only some toll roads in Florida, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/traffic/os-ezpass-central-florida-tolls-20171109-story.html , since only that toll authority implemented support for it in November.  Sunpass works everywhere in Florida.   You need Sunpass for the Florida Turnpike.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

We have lived in Florida for awhile.  As far as I know there is only the Sun Pass and Leeway pass available for interstate toll roads and bridges, but I could be wrong.

I think these general directions talk about rear view mirrors because they want you to mount it in the middle and where it will not block any part of your vision, and of course below any tinting.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

This is what is on the EZ Pass web site:   https://www.cfxway.com/e-pass/get-e-pass/

This suggest it works on all roadways.  

Can I use E-PASS on other toll roads in Florida?

Yes, E-PASS can be used on all toll roads and most tolled bridges in Florida as well as in North Carolina and Georgia. Just look for the E-PASS, SunPass or LeeWay logo as you enter a toll road in Florida.

"E-Pass" is NOT the same as "E-ZPass".  E-Pass is accepted only in FL, GA, and NC. E-ZPass is accepted in 16 states, but Florida is not one of them.

https://www.ezpassde.com/pages/where_use_ezpass.shtml

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived