going to be full time Rv can i get a neveda driver license using a ups store physical address?

keep on movin

It's not easy unless you are going to be an actual Nevada resident.  I'm going through the same process, helped by the fact that I purchased a lot in the Escapees Pahrump co-op with the intent of making it my actual residence.

You need two forms of identification showing your name and your Nevada address, one can be a receipt showing 30 days of continuous occupancy in an RV park or hotel, the second can be a document like bank statement, insurance form, employment pay stub, etc. with your name and the same address on it.

Unless you're getting mail sent to your RV park address getting the second proof of residence can be difficult.

The Proof of Residency form on the web site says you only need to present one item, which can be the receipt for 30 days in an RV park.  However, it's dated 1/2014 and may have been updated since then.

That's why many fulltimers choose South Dakota as their residence state.  You only have to be in the state 24 hours and have an overnight receipt from a RV park to be able to register your vehicles and get a driver's license.

You should also consider getting a REAL ID license.  REAL ID is a federal program and after October 2020, you'll need a state issued REAL ID compliant drivers license to be able to use it for things like getting onto an airplane, entering a military base or applying for a passport.

Here's a link of the REAL ID license requirements in NV, if you scroll down under "Proof of Nevada Residency" it tells  what proof  is required for either class of license:

Nevada Drivers License Requirements

Note that you'll also need a Nevada recognized insurance policy before you can register a vehicle in NV.  Usually you'll need a valid NV street address before the insurance company will issue a policy.

3 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

That's why many fulltimers choose South Dakota as their residence state.  You only have to be in the state 24 hours and have an overnight receipt from a RV park to be able to register your vehicles and get a driver's license.

While he didn't ask about states other than Nevada, both TX & FL are easier as all that you need is a legal address and both states accept your mail forwarding service without the proof you spent a night there. 

If it matters, here is a list of states whose driver's licenses are compliant with the Real ID act. 

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

22 minutes ago, Bob Vaughn said:

I think you are wrong about Fl.

That would not be the first time so you may be right. I do know many Escapees do use FL as domicile and mail service addresses there. FL has been very popular for many years so there must be a fairly easy way to deal with it, but I have no experience doing so and can't  say how it is done. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived