Tesla Battery

jpcoll01

On 1/21/2018 at 10:05 AM, noteven said:

As far as towing your Tesla it should also be able to have a simple control on your motor home dash that engages the Tesla drive so it becomes a pusher on grades

Do you know it the Tesla can be towed, 4-down? While I see one occasionally, I have yet to actually meet anyone who owns one. 

EDIT  I found the answer online in the Model S Quick Guide

INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANSPORTERS ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

Roadside Assistance Tesla Roadside Assistance is available to you, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, throughout the United States and Canada for the duration of your warranty period. To contact Roadside Assistance, call 1-877-79TESLA (1-877-798-3752). Advise the representative of the vehicle identification number (VIN), license plate number, mileage, your location, and the nature of the problem. The VIN is on the upper dashboard on the driver’s side of your vehicle and is visible through the windshield. For a complete description of the terms and conditions of the Tesla Roadside Assistance Program, refer to the policy that was provided to you by Tesla when you purchased Model S. It is your responsibility to provide vehicle transporters with instructions on how to transport Model S. Use a Flatbed Only Use a flatbed trailer only, unless otherwise specified by Tesla. Do not transport Model S with the tires directly on the ground. To transport Model S, follow the instructions exactly as described. Damage caused by transporting Model S is not covered by the warranty.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kirk - they do have a tow mode and tow hook for recovery. I guess they can't levitate themselves out of a snow bank (yet) :). I don't know if they can be toad.

It would be cool if you could use your Tesla as a pusher and retarder in the hills.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

On 1/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, GlennWest said:

Only issue with that is I don't always get to park truck with camper. 

Glenn, since you are taking your ACs off the roof and the powerwall is only 6 inches thick, you could lay it down on the roof, or mount it up under the back room where the spare tire is. I can hang it off the back cap, since I don't have windows there. This has been my secret plan for over two years now, just not able to pull trigger yet and Tesla won't sell you one yet without residential install. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Front cap wouldn't be very attractive, I think. The Telsa Power Pack needs more research, at least for me. My current plan is Chevy Volt, multiple inverters, converter(s). Roof full of solar. All running our Teton with all mini splits. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived