You can't beat Louisiana fishing

lenp

We have been here at Grand Isle, LA a little over a month now and the small  five cubic foot freezer is overflowing with speckled trout and redfish!  Another good winter on the Gulf Coast - except for the COLD weather this year.

http://rvroamin.com/2017-18/Louisiana/Fish/LouisianaFish.html

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Kirk,

I like my trout fishing in Oregon but for the fun of catching lots of big  fish (even if most are released) is still great!

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Len,

We've lived in Louisiana on and off from 1971 to present. 2003 to now this time. Back in the 70s we used to do a lot of charter fishing off Grand Isle with Capt Sebastion. In the late 70s my FIL bought a Lafitte skiff, 28 foot and a cousin had a full 60foot or so Shrimp trawler. So we did a lot of shrimping and fishing the Gulf out of Cameron LA. If there were no shrimp in deep water we'd get brownies out of lake Calciseau. (sp?) We've fished the Red Sea, German lakes and the North Sea out of the Netherlands. Both US coasts and Colorado lakes and streams. But bar none, Alaska fishing on the Kenai River, and bays during the salmon runs, and salt water fishing in the bays and Gulf of Alaska out of Seward and Valdiz, going after Ling Cod, barn door Halibut, Red Snapper and rock fish beats anywhere in the world we've been. We did Alaska from May-September 1999 in our first rig. Do Alaska full timing. It is amazing! We went up the AlCan and back on the Cassiar Hwy! It cost us under $20 each for non resident fishing licenses, and we bought our tackle at Trustworthy Hardware in Soldotna. We fast froze it all and fedexed a big chest freezer full for less than buying it from unknown source here.

Sounds exaggerated but once you go, you see. We ate nothing but Salmon, Halibut, Cod, Snapper the rest of the trip. We did a lot of fishing in Long Island Sound in the 60s. We really loved fishing everywhere. And eating.

got some chicken calling my name guys! Bye.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived