Mini TT opinions

WHC

Was a "working nomad", fulltimer for 15 years. Retired early, sold the 5th wheel and moved to Puerto Rico 8 yrs. ago.  Island life suits me just fine and the winter weather has no match on the mainland. Life was good until Irma & Maria moved in and literally trashed everything. (I still don't have water or electricity)

Making plans to get back into RVing, and at a minimum, living stateside at least July thru October. Don't want to go "big", just something small and easy that won't have any problems camping in State Parks and such.

Finally, my question! #1) What's your opinion/advice on a dual axle mini like Winnebago is offering? Other manufacturers? #2) Any indoor storage facilities in SE US you could recommend?

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

I believe that RedRaider89, a member of this forum, has a Mini. Perhaps he would share his insights/opinions with you. There appear to be several Winnebago owner's groups that may also provide you with information about the brand and the specific model(s) that you are interested in.

With any small trailer, I would suggest that you pay close attention to the carrying capacity. It can vary widely from 500-3000#. Here is a link to a fairly recent discussion of small trailers.

Again, welcome to the Escapees Forum!!

1 hour ago, WHC said:

What's your opinion/advice on a dual axle mini like Winnebago is offering?

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Glad to have you with us. I have no experience with the Winnebago towables but due to the long reputation of the company, I would expect them to be of good quality. There is much more stability with a two-axle trailer than a single, even with the smaller ones. While I have not owned one I have looked at them and was impressed. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived