First loading of the smart

rickeieio

8 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I really like the idea of the slots for the ramps. That looks like it is much better than fighting with those bolts. How much engagement do you have in those slots? 

Glenn,

The tabs on the ramps are 1" x 19"wide x 1/4" thick.  I made the slots 1" x 20" wide x 5/16".

I loaded again today and set=up was a breeze.  We placed a 2x12 at the bottom of each ramp so the valance cleared and two more on the deck for the front wheel to ride on to cure the breakover issue, plus the bride drove the car up. Only issue was she got too close to the tool box behind the the cab.  I used a ratchet strap and a pry bar to move the rear of the car over.  Easy.

So, it's sitting at the shop, plugged in, ready to hook to the camper in the morning and head south west.  I'll toot as I roll through.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

12 hours ago, spindrift said:

Bravo!

Some day we'll see you at the Texas Cowboy Poetry Reading!

In Alpine?  Tried that last time, got kicked out of the park cuz we didn't have reservation made years in advance.  Dang yuppie cowboys.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived