Arizona truck fuel tax

noteven

I see a notice on AZ fuel pumps that (not exact wording)  trucks 3 or more axles and/or over 26000lbs registered gross are not to fuel at said pump. 

I run a 2 axle private truck that has no registered gross weight on the registration. Am I ok to fuel at private vehicle pumps do you think? 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

This was discussed at length a year or two ago.  If I remember, one of our members (Bob?) got a ticket for refueling his AZ licensed truck at the lower tax pumps.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

6 hours ago, noteven said:

I see a notice on AZ fuel pumps that (not exact wording)  trucks 3 or more axles and/or over 26000lbs registered gross are not to fuel at said pump. 

I run a 2 axle private truck that has no registered gross weight on the registration. Am I ok to fuel at private vehicle pumps do you think? 

You were involved in that old thread from way back in 2014. What was the answer then?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

9 hours ago, Big5er said:

You were involved in that old thread from way back in 2014. What was the answer then?

Phil,

Instead of getting a tub of popcorn to sit back and enjoy the show, I think I may need a bottle of aspirin for this one.....lol

Do you think someone will include something about CDL’s while we’re at it?

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

1 hour ago, VegasFlyer said:

Do you think someone will include something about CDL’s while we’re at it?

God, I hope not.

I've got no dog in this hunt but this topic was covered quite well several years ago.  Nothing has changed in AZ and since the OP was involved in that thread,  and this question answered, I fail to understand the reason for asking the question again.

Of course, maybe my father was right when he told me about senility. He said not to worry about it cuz you'd never know it when you got it. Maybe that is the case here?  :D

2014 smart Fortwo

It's also spelled out very clearly what the restrictions are, on the sticker on the pump. If you're filling large truck tanks through the small hose on the auto pumps, you've got time to read it.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, Big5er said:

God, I hope not.

I've got no dog in this hunt but this topic was covered quite well several years ago.  Nothing has changed in AZ and since the OP was involved in that thread,  and this question answered, I fail to understand the reason for asking the question again.

Of course, maybe my father was right when he told me about senility. He said not to worry about it cuz you'd never know it when you got it. Maybe that is the case here?  :D

I remember the post very well, thus the “Aspirin” comment.

Let us also remember Einstein’s definition of insanity.....

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

To the people who seem to take pleasure in insulting the OP in this thread i am reminded of the inscription on a headstone in Boothill cemetary. "As you are now i once was, as i am now you soon will be"   If you have nothing constructive to say how about saying nothing!

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

LOL i thought reminding the OP of a conversation he was part of was being constructive.

And if you would try reading, both the attached thread and our posts about IT,  maybe you might understand. I was hoping the OP was having a brief moment of senility since that thread went on and on....it was kinda memorable. I guess you missed it, eh?

BTW, ever heard the saying "practice what you preach"?

2014 smart Fortwo

3 hours ago, orca said:

To the people who seem to take pleasure in insulting the OP in this thread i am reminded of the inscription on a headstone in Boothill cemetary. "As you are now i once was, as i am now you soon will be"   If you have nothing constructive to say how about saying nothing!

Although I am sure your intentions are well meaning, do you really want to bring about a rule limiting all posts to being constructive?  You or someone be will be quite busy enforcing such a rule and I would submit that it flies against the nature of a “forum”, which is more the sharing of opinions rather than facts.

I believe I am safe in saying that Big5er and I shared the same opinion that it is ludicrous to rehash an issue like this again.  That being said neither of us have the power, nor would we want it, to limit the OP, you or anyone else from voicing your opinion, however constructive it may be, about our opinion.

As to the original topic, if anyone wants to continue to beat a horse that has long ago died, flog away!

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

Maybe the OP has had too much wind whistling through his helmet and forgot the old thread.  I hope to get there myself some day....  What was that thing about senility?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

Oh come on Murph. What are trying to do? Be the voice of reason in all this senility? :)

2014 smart Fortwo

Actually, I did remember the previous thread and when I saw this new thread I just skipped over it.  However, when I later saw how many posts this new thread was receiving, I naturally assumed that I was missing something and immediately tuned in.  Of course, it had turned into one of those wham, bam, gotcha threads so I didn't really miss anything.

If this website ever gets to the point that folks can't bring up something that's been discussed before, I doubt there will be much posting going on at all.  And, if this website ever gets to the point that we can't criticize someone else for starting a thread, it just won't be very entertaining anymore.  :)

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Maybe the OP has had too much wind whistling through his helmet and forgot the old thread.  I hope to get there myself some day....  What was that thing about senility?

I resemble that remark! 

We going to ride this winter?

3 hours ago, noteven said:

I resemble that remark! 

We going to ride this winter?

Sick minds think alike.

Loading the bikes and heading south-west in a few days.  Bringing the Griso and the Spyder.  Where y'at?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

12 hours ago, Big5er said:

God, I hope not.

Thanks for the link to the old post Big5er.  

I'll send you a pm regarding my memory issues.

Archived