2018 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

Howdy All,

I just now made the reservation to attend this years WCR, "RickS" bringing his RZR for me to drool over was what pushed me over the edge so if I misbehave and cause any problems during the rally its all Rick's fault for my being there. ;)

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave,
I don't know if the RV Park will want us driving around the park.....they might even have rules against it. :) But, I'll be happy to show it to you.....or maybe find a place close that we could unload it and go for a ride. The Smart will be off the deck and the RZR will fit up there. We will be there on the Monday before the Rally.

3 minutes ago, RickS said:

Dave,
I don't know if the RV Park will want us driving around the park.....they might even have rules against it. :) But, I'll be happy to show it to you.....or maybe find a place close that we could unload it and go for a ride. The Smart will be off the deck and the RZR will fit up there. We will be there on the Monday before the Rally.

Howdy Rick,

Totally understand, getting a ride would be fun but really not important.  The main thing is to learn about such a critter and to introduce it to Donna and have her sit in it to see if its even something that I would pursue buying after having her look at, sit in it.  I have to many toys as it is, so to justify another one I have to sell at least a couple of bikes I don't ride that much anymore.  I am looking for something Donna, and I could do and enjoy together, we are both sadly to old for dirt bikes anymore though we did have some good times years ago.  I scared her so many times when I was into hard core Jeeping that she wouldn't ride with me so I am thinking maybe something like a RZR would be fun.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

23 hours ago, hutchman said:

Well, well, well.....things changed quite a bit today and we will be able to attend after all!  Will get reservations either tomorrow or Wednesday.  Going to thr Tri Cities tomorrow to pick up our new adventure trailer.

Can't wait to put some faces to names and learn something about HDTs.

Great news.  Send me an email at chadheiser@att.net so I can get some information from you related to the rally.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

5 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

I just now made the reservation to attend this years WCR, "RickS" bringing his RZR for me to drool over was what pushed me over the edge so if I misbehave and cause any problems during the rally its all Rick's fault for my being there. ;)

Dave

Excellent.  See you in June.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

8 hours ago, hutchman said:

We will be there....12th through the 19th.

Excellent.

2 hours ago, Cotreker said:

We are planning on attending, a first for us.  Looking forward to meeting you all in person.  

Dennis & Sheri

Denver, Co

Great news.

event.png    

UPDATE: 

We have 30 adults and 7 kids registered to attend the rally in 16 rigs so far.  I also have verbal commitments from 4 more rigs, but they have not yet made reservations until they work out their schedules.  We are very close to filling our allotted spaces at the RV park.  Even if we do fill all of our saved spots, there should be room for additional attendees in the park.  If you are thinking about coming, I would make a reservation sooner than later (just in case). 

There is a good mix of rig types for those of you who are still looking to buy your own rig.  There will be ample opportunity to talk to the current owners to help you on your path to deciding what will work best for you. 

I am close to finalizing the schedule and will post that once I do.  I haven't gotten a lot of feedback about my shooting range idea so I may just make that a pre-rally activity for those who are interested, but I am still figuring that out.  I am also close to finalizing the T-shirt design in order to nail down the pricing.  Once I have that I will notify all the attendees.

See you in June.

event.png    

Howdy Chad,

Put me down a XL and XXL Tee shirts, thanks.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Since the T-shirts have come up, here is what I am looking at.  Let me know what you think.

diQYeDul.jpg

WoCX0Kdl.jpg

The color of the shirt may not be exact, but it should be close.  I am still waiting on final pricing.  Let me know what you think.  If you would like shirts, let me know that as well.  I will send out emails to all attendees to get a final count of shirts before I put the order in.

event.png    

On 3/27/2018 at 4:27 PM, mr. cob said:

Howdy Rick,

Totally understand, getting a ride would be fun but really not important.  The main thing is to learn about such a critter and to introduce it to Donna and have her sit in it to see if its even something that I would pursue buying after having her look at, sit in it.  I have to many toys as it is, so to justify another one I have to sell at least a couple of bikes I don't ride that much anymore.  I am looking for something Donna, and I could do and enjoy together, we are both sadly to old for dirt bikes anymore though we did have some good times years ago.  I scared her so many times when I was into hard core Jeeping that she wouldn't ride with me so I am thinking maybe something like a RZR would be fun.

Dave

Dave,

We are working on trying to make the rally as well.  If we do, we will have our CanAm Maverick X3-RS with us.  It will give you additional perspective on fun things to spend your money on.

We will most likely go to Rexberg, ID after the rally to go to Saint Anthony Dunes.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

1 hour ago, VegasFlyer said:

Dave,

We are working on trying to make the rally as well.  If we do, we will have our CanAm Maverick X3-RS with us.  It will give you additional perspective on fun things to spend your money on.

We will most likely go to Rexberg, ID after the rally to go to Saint Anthony Dunes.

Howdy John,

Thanks, for being an enabler. :lol:  You sound like me, I have more fun helping others spend their money then I do spending my own.  See you at the rally.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Chad the wife and I have decided to attend. I want to talk to as many Californians as possible to see what my options are for Cali registration. We rented a rv from RVshare and the guy agreed to set up and come get it on Thursday and Monday anyone ever do this or heard of RVshare. I'm hoping this goes smoothly Google maps says it's 12 hours from here but I'm really doubting that. I may need some caffeine on Friday. As soon as I shore up the trailer I'll email you should be tomorrow and the wife is making space reservations. See everyone there.

national rally 2021.jpg

2 hours ago, iddy said:

Chad the wife and I have decided to attend. I want to talk to as many Californians as possible to see what my options are for Cali registration. We rented a rv from RVshare and the guy agreed to set up and come get it on Thursday and Monday anyone ever do this or heard of RVshare. I'm hoping this goes smoothly Google maps says it's 12 hours from here but I'm really doubting that. I may need some caffeine on Friday. As soon as I shore up the trailer I'll email you should be tomorrow and the wife is making space reservations. See everyone there.

Excellent.  Glad to have you.

event.png    

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, hutchman said:

Chad, my  wife has a new health issue that will prevent us from attending.  I'm sending you a pm.

Howdy Hutch,

Well darn, its been YEARS since we have seen each other, I was looking forward to this, all my best to you and your wife.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

16 hours ago, hutchman said:

Chad, my  wife has a new health issue that will prevent us from attending.  I'm sending you a pm.

I am sorry to here that.  I got your PM.  Thanks for letting me know and I hope everything works out for you guys.

event.png    

8 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Hutch,

Well darn, its been YEARS since we have seen each other, I was looking forward to this, all my best to you and your wife.

Dave

Dave, you'll have to stop and visit when you come through La Grande.  We're in the Tri Cities right now dealing with doctors and hope to be finished in a week or 10 days.  Should be back in La Grande after that.

8 minutes ago, hutchman said:

Dave, you'll have to stop and visit when you come through La Grande.  We're in the Tri Cities right now dealing with doctors and hope to be finished in a week or 10 days.  Should be back in La Grande after that.

Howdy Hutch,

I canceled going to Moab this year for the annual Ural rally that takes place the last week of April, I havn't got the Smart Car deck built yet and don't want to put anymore miles on the Freighliner, as its for sale.  I am hoping to have the Smart Car, deck on the Pete, finished by mid May at the latest, when its completed I am going to take a long shake down trip to make darn sure everything is OK before heading out on my summer trips.  I have serious trips planed for the whole summer starting the first week of June.  If one of these trips take through La Grande, I'll be sure to contact you.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

6 minutes ago, lockmup68 said:

Hey, might be able to make this work. Spots still available? We'll be in UT and can buzz up for a few days. Then head to the g'parent's farm in OR afterward. 

There should be spots available.  Contact Ambassador RV Resort directly to reserve one.  Let them know you are with the WCR (their number is in the first post).  I hope you can make it.  It will be nice to meet you in person.

event.png    

Archived