2018 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

Chad,

Just imagine how much Crown Royal he would need to mix with the Dr P to weigh this Ore-hillbilly rig........pretty sure my spreadsheet would Blue-Screen on this rig......

ReJaZQdl.jpg

Drive on.............(RV mods are ........viral in ORE)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hummmmmm

Too much of  a BAD thing............

Maybe I need some Crown royal as well..........

Drive on............(Darn Komputerzzz.......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

7 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

Hummmmmm

Too much of  a BAD thing............

Maybe I need some Crown royal as well..........

Drive on............(Darn Komputerzzz.......)

Or a little less!!   Lol

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Just now, VegasFlyer said:

Or a little less!!   Lol

John......

So far all I've had is some cranberry juice...........must be that darn Ice........

Drive on.............(Two much .......ice)

4 minutes ago, VegasFlyer said:

Or a little less!!   Lol

I was thinking the same thing! ;)

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

8 minutes ago, VegasFlyer said:

Or a little less!!   Lol

3 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

I was thinking the same thing! ;)

That's what I get for hijacking the "Weighty-subject"........ I just lost my.....balance.......

So John & Chad..........back in the days when your gig was to make traffic stops .........what did you mutter to your self when you pulled over a Hillbilly rig like the one in the post  above.......(way above)....

Drive on............(How may ticket do you have left in the book)

11 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

That's what I get for hijacking the "Weighty-subject"........ I just lost my.....balance.......

So John & Chad..........back in the days when your gig was to make traffic stops .........what did you mutter to your self when you pulled over a Hillbilly rig like the one in the post  above.......(way above)....

Drive on............(How may ticket do you have left in the book)

Job Security!

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

13 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

Job Security!

X2

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a few more people have either made reservations or are getting ready to make reservations so that is great.  I’ll post some new numbers in a couple of days.

I am starting to work in earnest on the schedule and appreciate the offers I have received so far.  I’ve got six seminars/discussions/activities going into the schedule so far (two a day for Friday through Sunday) which is consistent with the last couple of WCR’s.  I still need to reach out to a couple of people and confirm their offers before I officially announce anything, but I should have the schedule dialed in relatively soon.

I have also been considering the possibility of adding an outing, but I want to get some feedback from the group before I put a bunch of effort into it.  It isn’t exactly HDT related, but I think it could be both educational and fun.  It will, however, require leaving the park for part of a day and there will be a cost associated with it so let me know if it is something you all are interested in.  I am thinking of the possibility of taking a trip to a local shooting range for some target shooting.  I can incorporate some safety instruction and some self defense instruction into the outing if there is an interest.  I also don’t want people to think they have to be proficient gun owners to participate.  I would actually like to get all who are interested involved, whether or not you have ever held/fired a gun before or are a skilled marksman (or anything in between) if it happens.  For those that don’t own a gun, I can help out and provide different options.  Ammunition and targets would have to be purchased and I still need to explore range fees (there are four local ranges within a half hour of the RV park).  If the group is interested and there would be sufficient participation I am happy to go forward with the idea.  If there isn’t enough group interest then maybe it could be more of an individual pre or post rally activity for those who will be in the area and want to go out together.

Let me know what you think or if it is worth any additional exploration.

Also, remember Rick S has offered to coordinate the art seminar with the local artist who came out last year.  No one has really spoken up about wanting to participate this year yet.  It was a popular activity last year and is not just for the ladies in the group.  Let us know here if you want to participate in that as well.

I await your feedback.

event.png    

Howdy All,

At the first WCR, there was a gentleman sorry I have forgotten his name who was setup to modify some of the setting on truck ECM's, I had him do somethings to the ECM of the Freightliner that were of benefit to me.  He could work Volvo's and Freightliner's, I was wondering if anyone who will be attending this years WCR, will be able to read and change some settings on the ECM that is in my Peterbilt.  

The thing that I want changed is how the Jake brake and the cruise control interact with each other.  The way its setup now, if the cruise control is ON and the Jake brake is ON, if you tap the brakes the cruise control will shut OFF but the Jake brake will NOT come on until you again tap the brake pedal again.  

I would like to have it set up the way it is in my Freightliner, there if the cruise control is ON, and the Jake brake is ON, if you tap the brake pedal the cruise control turns OFF, but the Jake brake immediately WORKS without having to again stab the brake pedal.  If that make sense to anyone and they can do something about it while at the WCR, I sure would appreciate it thanks.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy Chad,

I would be interested in doing some range shooting while at the WCR, will this be a pistol or rifle range, is there a caliber restriction or rifle type?  One other question, you spoke of buying ammo, would ammo have to be bought at the range or can we supply our own?  Thanks for any information you can share.  

Donna put in the paper work to get the last week of school off, if that goes through we will be in attendance this year.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

20 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

At the first WCR, there was a gentleman sorry I have forgotten his name who was setup to modify some of the setting on truck ECM's, I had him do somethings to the ECM of the Freightliner that were of benefit to me.  He could work Volvo's and Freightliner's, I was wondering if anyone who will be attending this years WCR, will be able to read and change some settings on the ECM that is in my Peterbilt.  

lou10 from the forum was the one who had the computer program to change settings on trucks at WCR when we had it in Sparks, NV.  He hasn't been active on the forum in a while and hasn't been to any subsequent WCR's.

17 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

I would be interested in doing some range shooting while at the WCR, will this be a pistol or rifle range, is there a caliber restriction or rifle type?  One other question, you spoke of buying ammo, would ammo have to be bought at the range or can we supply our own?  Thanks for any information you can share.  

Donna put in the paper work to get the last week of school off, if that goes through we will be in attendance this year.

Dave

I haven't actually contacted any of the ranges in the area yet.  I tried calling one, but they didn't answer the phone when I did.  They are all rifle/pistol outdoor ranges.  None of their websites show any specific restrictions on the types/calibers of guns.  If we go forward with this, I will get all this information ahead of time.  When I mentioned purchasing ammo, I simply meant ammo will have to be supplied to shoot.  Whether that means you bring your own or purchase it locally, will be up to each individual.  Targets will also be needed.  Again they could be your own stock or purchased locally.

I hope Donna's vacation request is granted so you guys can attend.

event.png    

5 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

lou10 from the forum was the one who had the computer program to change settings on trucks at WCR when we had it in Sparks, NV.  He hasn't been active on the forum in a while and hasn't been to any subsequent WCR's.

I haven't actually contacted any of the ranges in the area yet.  I tried calling one, but they didn't answer the phone when I did.  They are all rifle/pistol outdoor ranges.  None of their websites show any specific restrictions on the types/calibers of guns.  If we go forward with this, I will get all this information ahead of time.  When I mentioned purchasing ammo, I simply meant ammo will have to be supplied to shoot.  Whether that means you bring your own or purchase it locally, will be up to each individual.  Targets will also be needed.  Again they could be your own stock or purchased locally.

I hope Donna's vacation request is granted so you guys can attend.

Howdy Chad,

Some ranges around here won't let you shoot ammo that is not bought at the range, something to do with the back stops or just another way to make money.  So its something to ask when you make contact with the range.  I used to shoot a lot more then I do now as the cost of ammo even surplus ammo is risen dramatically over the years, range bought ammo at least around here puts it out of my league.  I am fortunate that I can just drive a few miles and be back in the mountains far enough away from any sort of population and shoot whatever and whenever I want to, havn't been to a range for many, many years.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Well, I'd like to go to a range but there is no way USA customs wants us Canadians bringing firearms across the border......not that I have any as it is.  :)   My friends around here have offered to take me to the range many times since they get paid to shoot targets.  ;)
If the cost isn't to crazy........I'd do it but not sure my DW would be that interested.
Also, as Chad mentioned please let me know if you would like to attend the painting class.....we do need a minimum of 10 people to make this happen. Thx

Chad, do you have room for non-HDT owners, or is this rally strictly for those who have them.  I don't know if we can make it in June, but we are close, and would love to come and learn about HDTs and meet some new folks if it works out.

I think Mr. Cob would be willing to attest to my character !  LOL!

4 minutes ago, hutchman said:

Chad, do you have room for non-HDT owners, or is this rally strictly for those who have them.  I don't know if we can make it in June, but we are close, and would love to come and learn about HDTs and meet some new folks if it works out.

Howdy Chad,

I can attest that Hutchman, is a character.  Yup that is a fact. :lol:

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, hutchman said:

There will be several people attending that do not have HDT’s.  All are welcome.  The rally is for anyone with an interest in HDT’s, whether they own one or not.  You can just be dreaming about HDT’s and still be welcome. ;)

we’d be happy to have you if you can make it.

event.png    

23 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

There will be several people attending that do not have HDT’s.  All are welcome.  The rally is for anyone with an interest in HDT’s, whether they own one or not.  You can just be dreaming about HDT’s and still be welcome. ;)

we’d be happy to have you if you can make it.

I have attended two of the WCR’s and I do not have a HDT. I was warmly greeted and have made some long term friends. The amount of knowledge and accommodation was fantastic. We took rides in trucks and got a general idea of the workings of these “Beasts”. I would highly recommend a visit to the event. These are great folks and are very helpful. My only hesitation in buying a truck now is that I am currently a California resident and don’t want to deal with the rules and Regulations of this state. Go to the event and enjoy!

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

Well, well, well.....things changed quite a bit today and we will be able to attend after all!  Will get reservations either tomorrow or Wednesday.  Going to thr Tri Cities tomorrow to pick up our new adventure trailer.

Can't wait to put some faces to names and learn something about HDTs.

Howdy All,

Will anyone who is attending the WCR, have with them a "2 place, driver, copilot, UTV such as a RZR?  I am thinking of selling some motorcycles and buying one of these things but I know NOTHING about them and would appreciate some hands on education.  So if anyone is planing to bring such a vehicle please let me know.  Thanks.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

14 minutes ago, RickS said:

Hi Dave,
We will have our Polaris RZR 1000 with us at the WCR as we are riding the week before the rally in Nevada / Oregon. So, you are more than welcome to check it out.

Howdy Rick,

THANKS, hope you don't mind talking about your toys cuzz I am probably going to wear you out with questions and being given a ride would be icing on the cake.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived