2018 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

Chad,
Thanks for posting this. I believe the cost last year was $20.00 per person attending. We needed a minimum of 10 people for the class. My DW will contact her to get the details for this year. The RV park staff had asked last year if we would allow some people (not from our group) staying at the RV could join in as well? They would post it up before the event in the office. My DW is OK with that but maybe we should put it up for a vote.  :)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m fine with that.  It should help the instructor make a little extra money, which isn’t a bad thing since she is coming out special for us.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Hello...I don't have a HDT as of yet, just starting some research into them and learning things like crazy. I live about 45 minutes from Caldwell and was wondering if I could stop buy the rv park where all of you will be at and check out your trucks/setups? I would love to go to the get together in the midwest but unfortunately can't. This one is so close I don't want to miss the opportunity.

Thanks, Charlie

My DW talked to the lady that did the painting class for us last year and she said she can do it after 2:00 PM Saturday June 16/2018. So, please let us know here on the forum if you would like to join in on the class. We need a minimum of 10 people for the class and I think it will be $20.00 per person based on the 10 people attending. If your significant other doesn't follow the forum please ask them if they want to attend and let us know. Thx

4 hours ago, ChasManDo said:

Hello...I don't have a HDT as of yet, just starting some research into them and learning things like crazy. I live about 45 minutes from Caldwell and was wondering if I could stop buy the rv park where all of you will be at and check out your trucks/setups? I would love to go to the get together in the midwest but unfortunately can't. This one is so close I don't want to miss the opportunity.

Thanks, Charlie

Charlie, you are more than welcome to attend.  If you do plan to do so, send me an email (my address is in the first post of this thread).

Chad

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

2 hours ago, RickS said:

My DW talked to the lady that did the painting class for us last year and she said she can do it after 2:00 PM Saturday June 16/2018. So, please let us know here on the forum if you would like to join in on the class. We need a minimum of 10 people for the class and I think it will be $20.00 per person based on the 10 people attending. If your significant other doesn't follow the forum please ask them if they want to attend and let us know. Thx

Thanks Rick.  Put me down for this year.  I missed out on the fun last year.

event.png    

OK, I finally got a little free time today and started the process to get some rally T-shirts for this year.  Before I go too far down this road on my own, I thought I would get some feedback from you all first.  For those of you who were in attendance last year, what did you think of the shirts?  I liked them and thought Scott did a good job on the design for our first rally shirt.  Would you do anything different or do you have any preferences on colors.  I want the shirt to be a little different each year so people don't feel like they are buying the same thing over and over again.  Here is what the shirt looked like last year.

This is the front: 
jFFMOZGl.jpg
(The color in the photo is a little washed out.  The shirt is a nice deep blue.)

This is the back:
oL5Sy0xl.jpg

Off the top of my head and as a suggestion from the company I plan to use, I thought I might go with an antique red as the base color for the shirt this year (but I am not locked into anything).  Please let me know what you think or any ideas you might have.

event.png    

You should have seen my wife's face when I mentioned antique red for a shirt. She suggested a teal color. Said most reds fade fast and may bleed when washed. Personally I like the antique red idea.

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

I didn't think about the color bleeding when they suggested the antique red.  That is something to think about.  They had a nice teal color as well.  I am open to that.  One of my favorite T-shirts is teal with black lettering on it.  I like that combination.

event.png    

Rally Update:

I am up to 23 possible attendees for the rally.  That is 23 people have either told me they were coming or told me they MIGHT be coming.  This is just a friendly reminder that if you intend to come to the rally, you need to let me know via email (so I can get some additional information from you) AND you need to contact Ambassador RV Resort to make your own reservation (see first post in thread for all the relevant information).  FYI - If you book the weekly rate, the 7th day is basically free compared to the daily rate.  The park also has monthly rates for any of you who wish to stay in the area longer.

I checked in with Ambassador RV Resort today and only 4 of the 23 of you have actually made reservations so far.  I know the rally is still 4 months out, but it is better to make your reservations early and guarantee a spot than it is to wait and miss out because all the spots have been taken.  We have 20 sites blocked off together.  If more than 20 people end up trying to make reservations, they will probably be able to get you a spot, but you might not be with the rest of the group.  The park does fill up, so don't wait too long.

Also, let us know here whether you would like to attend the painting class so Rick and his DW can get an accurate count for that particular event.

As always, if you have any questions, let me know.

I hope to see you there.

event.png    

26 minutes ago, RickS said:

Booked our reservation today.

Excellent.

event.png    

Chad,

Dena and I won't be able to make it and show off our new (to us) truck:(.  I'll be working in Norfolk.

Charlie,

Dena and I went last year with our 5th wheel and Ram 3500.  Learned a lot and just last week we bought a used Freightliner. If you're seriously thinking about doing this, plan on going to the rally and spending as much time as you can.  Everyone is really friendly and most important willing to share ideas, show off their rigs, answer questions and even let you ride (or maybe even drive one).  That was all the experience I had before flying to Minnesota to pick this one up.  2,000 miles later it's in my backyard getting my custom touches.

Brad

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

49 minutes ago, Brad NSW said:

Chad,

Dena and I won't be able to make it and show off our new (to us) truck:(.  I'll be working in Norfolk.

That’s too bad.  Hopefully next year you can show off your new rig.

event.png    

9 hours ago, tyates007 said:

Reservations made and paid. See y’all in June

Excellent, see you then.

event.png    

15 hours ago, COCORV said:

Hi Chad - Booked our reservation this morning.  Teal color T-shirt with black lettering would make a nice contrast.  Joan will not be attending the painting/coloring class this year.   See you in June,  Al & Joan

Excellent.  See you in June.

event.png    

Chad,

Is there any chance of enticing one of folks who do individual axle weighing, to come to the rally?  I would think you will have enough victims, errrrr customers.....lol

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

42 minutes ago, VegasFlyer said:

Chad,

Is there any chance of enticing one of folks who do individual axle weighing, to come to the rally?  I would think you will have enough victims, errrrr customers.....lol

I have tried a couple of people who do this to see if they would be willing to come, but unfortunately they will be in the wrong area of the country during the rally.  I am still hopeful I can find somebody, but so far haven't had any luck.

event.png    

18 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

I have tried a couple of people who do this to see if they would be willing to come, but unfortunately they will be in the wrong area of the country during the rally.  I am still hopeful I can find somebody, but so far haven't had any luck.

Maybe we could entice a Commercial Enforcement Deputy to come up from Texas, with his axle scales, if we tell him that Idaho has streams of flowing Dr. Pepper and promiscuous women.......

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

I got a little behind on some emails and other forum stuff while I was in Las Vegas enjoying the NASCAR race.  I am home again and have gotten mostly caught up.  I wanted to post a rally update.

So far we have 11 reservations made and one person coming in on a day to day basis not staying at the park.  I have verbal commitments from 4 more who still need to make reservations, so assuming everyone follows through, that is 16 so far.

I also have spoken with several others who are still working out schedules and want to attend, but can't commit yet.  There are another 7 in this group.  This is shaping up to be another great rally and may be our largest yet.  I am happy that the WCR continues to gain interest each year.  It is really a good group of people and I am happy to see some new faces coming again this year.

I am still putting together the schedule and I have had a couple of people volunteer to give presentations, so I am very appreciative of that.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.  If you don't want to put it out to the public on the forum, feel free to PM or email me.

See you in June!

event.png    

2 minutes ago, VegasFlyer said:

Maybe we could entice a Commercial Enforcement Deputy to come up from Texas, with his axle scales, if we tell him that Idaho has streams of flowing Dr. Pepper and promiscuous women.......

I've been trying to get him to come, but I don't think it is going to happen this year.  ;)

event.png    

Archived