Mobley has been shipped 01-02-18

After seeing a recent post in THIS THREAD I followed up and ordered a Mobley.  The last 4 or 5 posts in the linked thread tell you about the journey of making sure the Mobley could be/would be able to be changed to the unlimited $20 Car Connect Plan.  This is coming FedEx and should be here tomorrow.  Might be a couple days before I can get to an AT&T office to make the adjustment/change but I'll be sure to come back and let you know if I was successful (or not). 

2 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

After seeing a recent post in THIS THREAD I followed up and ordered a Mobley.  The last 4 or 5 posts in the linked thread tell you about the journey of making sure the Mobley could be/would be able to be changed to the unlimited $20 Car Connect Plan.  This is coming FedEx and should be here tomorrow.  Might be a couple days before I can get to an AT&T office to make the adjustment/change but I'll be sure to come back and let you know if I was successful (or not). 

What plan did you sign up for when you ordered the Mobley?  Or did you just buy it out right?  

I would not go to a store as most of them no nothing about the $20 unlimited plan.  When you get it, call the Car Connect division and have them set up the plan.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

8 hours ago, rynosback said:

What plan did you sign up for when you ordered the Mobley?  Or did you just buy it out right?  

I would not go to a store as most of them no nothing about the $20 unlimited plan.  When you get it, call the Car Connect division and have them set up the plan.

When I got mine a few months ago I could not get a set up online because I had no other ATT line.  Went to a ATT store in Chattanooga (Hixson store) and the lady that waited on me was completely up to date on the program.  She had me out of there so fast my head was spinning.  LOVE my Mobley!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

After you get it don't hold your breath until you get the $20 unlimited plan.

The plan that is available now.

Easy to install and maintain

ZTE Mobley turns most vehicles 1996 and newer into mobile Hotspots. Just plug the device into your vehicle’s OBD-II port and your Hotspot is live.** Add the device to Mobile Share Value/Mobile Data plan for an access charge of $10. Or, you can connect with a DataConnect plan with monthly charges of $20 for 1GB or $30 for 3GB.
**Services provided by AT&T Mobility. Coverage and services not available everywhere.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

33 minutes ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

When I got mine a few months ago...

You likely got yours just under the wire. I think it was mid Septemer-ish(?) when they discontinued the $20/mnth stand-alone plan.

Whatever you do... don't cancel it. A lot of folks would pay dearly to take that plan off your hands. ;)

12 minutes ago, Yarome said:

You likely got yours just under the wire. I think it was mid Septemer-ish(?) when they discontinued the $20/mnth stand-alone plan.

Whatever you do... don't cancel it. A lot of folks would pay dearly to take that plan off your hands. ;)

I have NO PLANS to cancel it and it certainly is NOT FOR SALE!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

25 minutes ago, Biker56 said:

After you get it don't hold your breath until you get the $20 unlimited plan.

The plan that is available now.

Easy to install and maintain

ZTE Mobley turns most vehicles 1996 and newer into mobile Hotspots. Just plug the device into your vehicle’s OBD-II port and your Hotspot is live.** Add the device to Mobile Share Value/Mobile Data plan for an access charge of $10. Or, you can connect with a DataConnect plan with monthly charges of $20 for 1GB or $30 for 3GB.
**Services provided by AT&T Mobility. Coverage and services not available everywhere.

Yep, know that.  BUT, the premise that I'm going on is what was brought to our attention in the 'other' thread.  When I went thru the chat channel, I asked 3 times if I would be able to CHANGE to the $20. unlimited Car Connect plan and was assured I could.  So.  I'm going forward with that and if it doesn't happen, then can give me my $$ back.  It will either work or it won't.

Just a reminder that to use it in another location than the vehicle you need the adapter power cord for either 125 volt or 12 volt. You do know this Donna, right?  I sure hope you the the plan as I am really happy with it.  It did not got super smoothly setting it up since I did not have any AT&T account. In fact I spent over an hout on the phone speaking with someone and someone's supervisor that did not speak very cleat english at all. It was still worth it.  I am so happy that I have consider getting just one to hold in reserve just in case something went wrong with mine.

22 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Just a reminder that to use it in another location than the vehicle you need the adapter power cord for either 125 volt or 12 volt. 

That reminds me. I "do" have  2 or 3 new USB to Mobley power cables available if you need one. I offered them before for $10 and free shipping in the continental U.S. Same as the others I've put up in the for sale section before.

After they put the $20 plan available during check-out when ordering online it went really smoothly. Now that it's not any longer, and providing that the plan IS actually available, the majority of folks had the easiest time calling in directly to the connected car department (866-595-1222) rather than physically going in to the official AT&T stores. Taking them in to just a licensed retailer or one of those kiosks was a joke.

Calling in to the main AT&T wireless number was, typically, also a non-starter or took an exorbitant amount of time.

Mine... before the plan was offered online... I called in to "connected car" and was done in 15min.

8 minutes ago, bigjim said:

yarome, are the cables you have 120v or 12v?  If you have 1 of each I would be happy to take them off your hands. 

I only do 12v USB's any more. Using a phone charger or such you can plug the USB's in and now you're running on 120v. ;)

Sure, Jim. PM your address and if you want 1 or 2.

That'll leave at least one left for dirtyboots if they want one.

4 hours ago, bigjim said:

Just a reminder that to use it in another location than the vehicle you need the adapter power cord for either 125 volt or 12 volt. You do know this Donna, right?  I sure hope you the the plan as I am really happy with it.  It did not got super smoothly setting it up since I did not have any AT&T account. In fact I spent over an hout on the phone speaking with someone and someone's supervisor that did not speak very cleat english at all. It was still worth it.  I am so happy that I have consider getting just one to hold in reserve just in case something went wrong with mine.

I agree.  I bought two Mobley’s Incase it ever went down.

5 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

Yep, know that.  BUT, the premise that I'm going on is what was brought to our attention in the 'other' thread.  When I went thru the chat channel, I asked 3 times if I would be able to CHANGE to the $20. unlimited Car Connect plan and was assured I could.  So.  I'm going forward with that and if it doesn't happen, then can give me my $$ back.  It will either work or it won't.

Be careful as I hear that there restocking fee is $.

From our experience with the ATT stores, you need to go to a corporate store.  Those employees are aware of the Mobley.  The non-corporate stores did not even have the device shown in their inventory, or available for sale on the website they order their supplies from, and did not know what it was.   Corporate store pulled it right up and ordered and activated ours when it arrived.  We also got ours within 3 days when the website was showing about 4 wks for delivery.  Maybe because it was an order placed by a corporate store.  

Pat DeJong

Update on the Mobley saga of 01-2018.

As predicted, I spent many more hours talking to 'higher ups' and in the end, it did no good.   I was told that the Mobley Car Connect Unlimited $20. plan no longer exists, nor will it ever exist again.  A supervisor read the same paragraph to me several times in case I didn't hear him the first time :)  The car connect person I spoke with seemed more than happy to take care of my request, but at some point I lost him and started up the supervisor ladder.  This isn't a crisis and I will add the 5GB plan for $25. to my overall internet connect situation since I can not add any additional GB to my Verizon plan. 

...nor will it ever exist again. 

Sorry that didn't work out the way you hoped. I would take the "nor will it ever exist again" with a grain of salt. From what I've read, that's been their story line every time the plan was discontinued.... right up until it was re-introduced. ;)

Update on the Mobley saga of 01-2018.

As predicted, I spent many more hours talking to 'higher ups' and in the end, it did no good.   I was told that the Mobley Car Connect Unlimited $20. plan no longer exists, nor will it ever exist again.  A supervisor read the same paragraph to me several times in case I didn't hear him the first time :)  The car connect person I spoke with seemed more than happy to take care of my request, but at some point I lost him and started up the supervisor ladder.  This isn't a crisis and I will add the 5GB plan for $25. to my overall internet connect situation since I can not add any additional GB to my Verizon plan. 

Sorry you had to go through that.

Back in July 2017 when the AT&T Mobley deal was still active I tried to order one twice.  I went ahead and ordered the USB adapter at the same time from another source which I now have had since July.  In AT&T's infinite wisdom and advanced customer service they cancelled my order the next day saying they couldn't identify me.  Sooooo I ordered it again with the same result the day after.  I called them and reminded them I was an existing customer with hard wired internet as well as a 20+ year DirecTV customer.  It didn't matter they could not or would not accept my order for the Mobley.

So I cancelled my internet service (I can't live without DirecTV so I didn't shoot myself in the foot there).  It was amazing the credit card I use to pay my other AT&T services was the same card I was trying to get the Mobley with.  Oh well, their loss. 

The reason for this post is I have the USB Mobley adapter I do not need (see picture below).  I will give it to the first person that will pay for postage.  I'm thinking send me $10.00, I'll mail it to you and include the change in the envelope with the unit.  I just don't need it so it may as well go to a good home.

20180107_090501 (Copy).jpg

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

Archived