Regulators to probe Goodyear MH tire failures

bobsallyh

I'm just curious, why bring up an issue regarding a relatively low number of tires that were long ago expired?  I mean, why not bring up the issue Firestone had with Ford SUV tires back in the '90s? Your headline gets readers all excited, but about what?  Relevancy,  my friend.  

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

I just copied what was in USA Today and several other publications today. I'm not editing a newspaper.  If my memory serves me correctly, the Firestone deal was settled years ago. Maybe if motorhomers would have come forward in larger numbers at the time of the problem this wouldn't have appeared today!

As always, Bob

10 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

I just copied what was in USA Today and several other publications today. I'm not editing a newspaper.

The link takes us to a story that took us back more than10 years. I wonder why now? And doing a search I am unable to find any other sources. Perhaps worth watching for more? 

EDIT:  I just found another story from current dates on carcomplaints.com website. There is also one on Safety Research & Strategies dated from 2010.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

That was the same time period(1996-2003). That many including myself were having the famous Michelin XRV zipper blow outs.

In 2005 I switched to the Good Year G670's and now 12 years later, I have had no blow outs with the Good Years

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

11 hours ago, Biker56 said:

In 2005 I switched to the Good Year G670's and now 12 years later, I have had no blow outs with the Good Years

Me too, but I believe we did that in 2004, if memory serves. I don't have the motorhome now, but we do miss it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

GY has always been very good at sealing settlements.

The lawsuit over various GY  tires (resulting in deaths) which GY  *lost*  was published in the SP Times - then, after a few years it simply disappeared from the newspaper's archives.  One must wonder - why?

(The RV tire in that litigation was GY Marathons).

Archived