Death while full timing

On 1/2/2018 at 4:25 AM, Twotoes said:

Not sure but my parents who are in their late 80s purchased a pre paid burial service. Not sure of the name. My Dad said they will pick up the body and make creamation arrangements wherever the body happens to be. Not sure if they will make donations of body parts. It may be worth looking into businesses in this field and see what’s out there. Just a thought. 

Wow I posted this on Jan 2nd. My Mom passed on Feb 4th and my Dad passed on Feb 18th. Both were in the same nursing home together in adjoining rooms. They were in their home city. The prepaid  cremation service is working with the family now to do the creamation and get their remains into the veterans cemetery now. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

My condolences as well, Twotoes. I don't care who ya are... that's gotta be tough having both parents pass so closely together, but how cool for them. Neither having to live long past the other and your mother going first which, I'm sure, was no small amount of comfort for your father.

10 hours ago, Yarome said:

My condolences as well, Twotoes. I don't care who ya are... that's gotta be tough having both parents pass so closely together, but how cool for them. Neither having to live long past the other and your mother going first which, I'm sure, was no small amount of comfort for your father.

x2. I could not have said it better.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

19 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I posted this on Jan 2nd. My Mom passed on Feb 4th and my Dad passed on Feb 18th.

As one of the older regulars on the Escapee forums, I must agree that for your parents it is probably well that they passed so close together. With 55+ years of marriage, it is a little bit frightening to think about one of us going on alone, but we also realize that it is almost inevitable that this will happen. Grief of loss is the price that we pay for having loved and been loved. But most of us would make the same choice even if we had realized the cost going in. I do feel for you.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

sorry about your parents. 

my dad has been gone for years now. and my mom is still being a pain. ( how much longer?).

she depended on him for everything, till he got MS, then he depended on her for everything.

now i am her care giver.

but i have been single most of my life so guess i get to live a very long time?

i am stuck here for a number of years yet. i do not expect my mom to be around that long. but if she does live longer. than i will do what ever is needed to do for her. pre and post death.

as to me??? the state has taken so much, might as well have the cascuss. no family to give anything to. or expect anything from.

Archived