Anybody going to Tampa?

ARGO

Looks like I will be going to Tampa Supershow this year. I will be in the area sponsored by Newmar, I think near the Orient Road gate. Expect to arrive Tues AM. If anybody is going to be there & want to process coffee or beer, PM me for my cell phone & we'll cross paths sometime that week.

Special offer! If anybody can find my damn air leak, I'm giving a case of beer prize. You can even use MY whisper. 

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

We will be there in NE dry camping lot by main gate off 301

several HDTs there. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

We will be there as well with Mike and  Tresa Dillard and Gavin West, we will be in the area with electricity,  in the back some where, I did dry camp last year but wanted some electricity without running my generator, this is  my first time in this area so really don’t know where it’s at. Hope to see you there and I will be more and happy to help find your air leak and you can help drink the beer if I find it!!

GCTaaehl.jpg

1 minute ago, NTPA Announcer said:

Careful ARGO..... You may not be on the winning side of this.... BAAAAAHAAAA  !  

When is this event again please? 

What are you inferring Denver?
The dates we will be there are 1-17 through Sunday 1-24, Karen flies out of Tampa on the 24th, and I am not sure where I will end up for some warm winter time.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

17 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

The dates we will be there are 1-17 through Sunday 1-24, Karen flies out of Tampa on the 24th, and I am not sure where I will end up for some warm winter time.

Roger

Hi Roger,

The up coming weather forecast is looking like the cold weather is heading to Florida. Maybe southern Texas could be where the warm weather is. I woke up to -2*f this morning. 

Stay warm and see you in the spring,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Uh, that was "A" case of beer, not to be construed as a reward to each & every onlooker not contributing to the end result.  Constructive/helpful comments appreciated,  however due to space considerations you may have to transport processed beer elsewhere. Pls understand, I love my Newmar. But I will be probably the only "trailer trash" in a sea of impressive MH's.

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

On 12/31/2017 at 4:09 PM, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Roger

This week will be "brutal" for Florida, 50's during the day, 30's at night, next week should be back to "normal", 70's and 80's, planning a trip to Tampa maybe on the 17th.

1 hour ago, phoenix2013 said:

This week will be "brutal" for Florida, 50's during the day, 30's at night, next week should be back to "normal", 70's and 80's, planning a trip to Tampa maybe on the 17th.

Rub it in will you. Keep that up you might get a lot of company

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

4 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Rub it in will you. Keep that up you might get a lot of company

1,000 people move to Florida "EVERY DAY". We gained Representatives in the Congress at the expense of New York State.

Port St Lucie, where I live, had in 2001 population of 130,000, seventeen years later in 2018, population is 185,000 (including "happy" yours truly).

Let me point out few OTHER THINGS.

1. Haven't seen or touched snow or snow shovel in five years. Same for ice on the windshield or windshield scraper.

2. 1,600 miles closer to the equator (from up north) daylights are longer by almost an hour. Evening commute is done still in the daylight throughout THE WINTER.

3. Winter months here are the most "productive", it's cooler. All the "outdoor project", gardening, maintenance, all projects, or just being plain lazy is "saved" for the "Winter Months", NOVEMBER through MARCH. No hunkering down, the native population "blossoms" in those months. Puts on additions, enlarges driveways, paints houses, drags out cars, bikes, boats, etc., to work on on those driveways (the driveways don't need to be shoveled).

4. The "snowbirds" who start arriving here in November go crazy and drive like crazy, always in the hurry. GET OUT OF MY WAY, HURRY, HURRY!!!! I ONLY HAVE 1,2,or 3 MONTHS BEFORE I GO UP AGAIN TO FREEZE MY ASS!!!!!!!!

So after 5 years in Florida I have reached a moment of revelation and reflection on my misspent "youth". I gained 2 years (25 months) of useful, enjoyable and productive life (5 months per year). By the same token I look on the 50 plus years up north as being "robbed" of 20 years (250 months) of useful and productive life, shoveling snow, scraping ice, chopping wood, raking dead leaves, commuting for hours on end in snowstorms, etc., etc., activities which in my opinion have no intrinsic value in monetary sense, personal satisfaction sense, or personal growth sense. The only thing that I can think of to mollify this assessment is the fact that I was a pretty consistent "snowbird" in the preceding couple decades (spending upwards of 5 months per winter here) therefore the calculation of 250 wasted months is probably significantly less than that!  

Someone once wrote a lengthy explanation of how meat spoils faster when warm...........  Not to mention names, but the initials Henry Szymt come to mind..

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Full disclosure. Refrigeration is basically freezing everything, even bread. Food is bought in small quantities. Buy 10 lb of potatoes, half of them will sprout or rot before you eat all of them. Same thing with onions, garlic, bread on the counter, fruit. veggies, etc. Anything you buy in bulk you have to freeze. 

Next two days will suck 50s daily 30s in the morning, but by Sunday things will be normal, 70s, 80s.

SCLord2000 (Charlie) and I are just up the road from Henry in Melbourne.  Yes, it is chilly for Florida, but a far sight better than it is back home with a predicted low of 4F tonight.  Just for the record, we don't drive like the snowbirds Henry described.  Maybe it's our age, but we just sort of poke along.

We may go to the Tampa show but if we do it will be a day trip.  It's a big place and we haven't had much luck in previous years finding fellow HDT'ers.

The trip in just before the New Year was uneventful as far as the HTD was concerned.  It ran beautifully with no "events" or issues. 

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Randy/Charlie we are in same dry camping area each year in front by 301 main gate. Near fence along 301  

Last year there were at least 8 of us together and a few more in serviced areas. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Randy, we just drove thru your home stomping grounds Tuesday heading home from Disney, got off on 301 and hit the Wawa there, to make you feel good temps were in the teens!!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Randy       Just to make you feel better we had 14 1/2" of the white stuff last night and this morning. Pats Pride is still covered as well as her car and my Ranger. It's 20 outside with a low of 17 tonight. So if you aren't covered with snow be Happy!! Hope you are enjoying Fla. They are calling for the low 50's Monday. But single digits sat nite. Think Spring!! Be safe and God Bless.   Pat

The Old Sailor

23 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Well, we stopped just south of Ocala tonight and it is currently 36 and dropping. The tree's had ice on them earlier today when we crossed the state line. Tell me again about how warm and sunny Florida is.

Dave, Florida is 500 mile long but only the southern most 100 miles are considered to have "tropical climate" suitable for families like this.

NIFraZQl.jpg

You are still too far north.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:03 PM, phoenix2013 said:

Dave, Florida is 500 mile long but only the southern most 100 miles are considered to have "tropical climate" suitable for families like this.

NIFraZQl.jpg

You are still too far north.

Way To far North here -10 tonight with the snow machine on.

image.png

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

6 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Henry,

The only place in Florida that seems to be warm enough is Key West. Well, there are the Dry Totugas but it is a little tough to drive over to them.

Even Tampa is in the low 30's right now.

Dave, full disclosure, first selfie I ever took, you should be honored.

rqlpVtml.jpg

Sign of Florida wimp developing, at 58 hoodie came out of the closet, pool is useless in spite of sun and solar heat, it will take few days to get it back into 80s

B8yf3ysl.jpg

I would be tickled to see 60 Degrees! We haven't been out of the 20's for so long I can't remember when. 9 or 10 tonight and even lower tomorrow night. But the people north of the Mason dixon line I feel for you. And the people in Boston really need a blast of 50 degrees. Here in Va we hope to get to Monday and 49. So no matter where you are it could be worse!  Stay warm and be safe. Pat

The Old Sailor

Hate to go on the weekends but it's the only time I have time off to go. Going to be a long drive from Pensacola to Tampa. The trip back I will stop in Tallahassee for a day. Hope everyone has a good time. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived