Beeping sound

Golfingdeb15

Thanks....so i guess the generator running isnt good enough.  Asking my neighbor to come jump my rig.  Then I will run it for a while and disconnect it when leave it for a while. I was cranking it on every month but i think I missed a month or two.  Guess I cant do that.  It was easier when I was on the road for a year.  This land lock life presents challenges.  Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Golfingdeb15 said:

I was cranking it on every month but i think I missed a month or two.

If you are starting the engine and not driving it, that is not a good practice. What the engineers call dry starts, or starting after all oil is drained down is hard on the engine. What you should do is to isolate the battery when you stop with it fully charged, by lifting the negative cable or installing a cut off switch. That will keep the battery charged and be much better for your engine. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Kirk, but this makes no sense to me.  But I understand my current practice is not good, so i will talk to one of my sons and have him explain it to me.  I really miss my husband and must be crazy thinking I can maintain this RV all by myself.  

But thanks for your info, 

Have your son service and or replace your battery Deb. It may only need distilled water and some corrosion cleaned off the terminals and treated with terminal grease. (https://no.co/cb104)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Providing your house battery is working OK, charging as it should; consider a battery minder to keep the truck battery charged when unused.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

9 hours ago, Golfingdeb15 said:

Battery Minder......thanks

Hi Deb,

Talk to one of your sons to add a Battery Minder or Battery Tender when he is working on your rig. You might want to install a new battery depending on how old the battery in your rig is right now. It will always be a big help to your rig. I use my Battery Minder all the time. Once I get camp set-up, I plug the truck in to keep the batteries up. I don't want the surprise on a dead battery when camping.

Best of luck,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived