Insurance Info

Rescue Duct

I am insuring cars, harley and motorhome with State Farm.  Normally keep the MH as non-full time but they allowed me to travel over six months this year by upgrading to full time status.

I will be doing some rate shopping in the spring though.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

We have our full-timers policy with Progressive.   State Farm does write coverage for motorhomes, but not full-timers coverages or policies.  Because you have other policies with them already, I'd check with them if you are not full-time in your rv.

Pat DeJong

7 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Check with Miller Insurance a broker located in OR. They are a corporate Escapees partner. 

We had Blue Sky but they dropped RV policies.  So we went with Progressive through USAA also.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

We insure our MH through Farm & City Insurance,  800-642-4892/ or WWW.alliedinsurance.com

This is an independent insurance brokerage. We have the Winnebago RV insurance program partnership, however each year the actual carrier is different, presently Nationwide.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

cost is one thing.

but are any of these companys any good at producing results?

i see insurance as a scam, or extorsun at best. 

the required laws were written for the insurance companys, not us.

no i would not want to be witout. jor do i want the "other guy" to not be insured.

26 minutes ago, packnrat said:

cost is one thing.

The Miller agency switched us to Progressive when Blue Sky exited the business (I don't believe National General will insure a MH owned by an LLC FWIW).  So far I've been impressed by the ease of dealing with Progressive on its website and over the phone.  I have to wait ~5 minutes to speak to someone but the people have all been quite helpful and efficient.

As for Miller, it is a big improvement compared to AIS Poliseek.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

39 minutes ago, docj said:

As for Miller, it is a big improvement compared to AIS Poliseek.

Interesting comment as I have had excellent service from AIS for nearly 20 years. Different strokes, they say.

1 hour ago, packnrat said:

Every one of those is an agency that I have personally spoken with multiple customers who are happy with their service and I suspect that you can find satisfied customers of each on these forums. Even so, I strongly advocate that you get quotes from at least two or three different agencies. It has long been my practice to get new quotes to compare to every three years If there are little savings by changing I tend to stay with the present underwriter since we also keep RV insurance with the disappearing deductible, which typically resets if you change insurance companies. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Interesting comment as I have had excellent service from AIS for nearly 20 years. Different strokes, they say.

I've never had a problem with AIS, but when I had to transition from Blue Sky to another carrier the service I got from Roxanne at Miller was significantly more thorough and professional than what I got from AIS.  Instead of giving me an "instant quote" Roxanne took several days and came back with an offer that was several hundred dollars a year less than what AIS had quoted for the same company, Progressive.  Not to say that Roxanne was perfect (for example, she forgot to offer me the opportunity to save money by using a Snapshot device) but, overall, I felt she did a better job and her quote is saving me ~$500/year.

Furthermore, in the couple of months since we worked out the details of the transition to Progressive, I've had a couple of reasons to need to email her about minor issues.  In all cases I received a prompt personal response.  I always got responses from AIS but they were from staff members who didn't know me or anything about my policies.  I like the personal approach!

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

On 12/26/2017 at 6:09 PM, docj said:

the service I got from Roxanne at Miller was significantly more thorough and professional than what I got from.....

In all cases I received a prompt personal response.

docj and I have a combined 2700 posts and I think this is probably the first one we agree on. Roxanne was by far the best agent I have ever dealt with as far as thoroughness and immediate replies. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 12/27/2017 at 6:30 PM, Big5er said:

docj and I have a combined 2700 posts and I think this is probably the first one we agree on. Roxanne was by far the best agent I have ever dealt with as far as thoroughness and immediate replies. 

:lol:

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

Been insured by Foremost Insurance Co. on both first and current coach for 22 years and have enjoyed prompt no hassle claim service and no increase in premium.

Based on my experience with Foremost I highly recommend them.

Good luck with your choice of an insurer and safe travels.....:)

Jim & Sherry Seward

2000 Residency Mod. 3790

2003 Suzuki XL/7 4WD

We tried Good Sam Insurance for RV and Jeep. What a mess! Paperwork wrong and coverage errors. After two months we switched everything over to Safeco. Got the coverage we wanted at a better price. Service from RV Explorers in Ohio.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

We have used Progressive for several years for all our insurance needs. We do check around for the best rates  for the SAME coverage every couple of years .We can always get coverage for less $$ but less $$ is not the primary reason we choose a carrier.Progressive provides us the coverage we  feel we need at a price we feel is fair.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:00 PM, Jim Seward said:

Been insured by Foremost Insurance Co. on both first and current coach for 22 years and have enjoyed prompt no hassle claim service and no increase in premium.

Based on my experience with Foremost I highly recommend them.

Good luck with your choice of an insurer and safe travels.....:)

I had Foremost for over 20 years also. When I bought my new trailer they wanted to triple my rates.  I sent a copy of my declaration page to Miller Ins and got identical coverage for less then the old Foremost policy through National General.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived