My two A.C. Colmans

Just Don

I'm in the RGV in Weslaco TX.

It's 80 and 73 percent humidity

My two a.c. one is a couple month old are cooling some, but seems muggy inside and we have thermostat turned to 69 but thermostat says 75. Any suggestions!

2012 Nuwa Champgne 38CKRD

2012 Dodge Laramie 3500

Full timing since 11/20/2012

event.png

6 hours ago, Just Don said:

Got park electrician to come by both legs are showing 120. Hard to believe that every thing electrical is acting up.

That means nothing. With no load it will be fine. You need to place a load on the lines, like an ac, and check the voltage. It will probably be low. If you have one real high and one real low, it means an open neutral. Just outing a meter on the pedestal proves nothing. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Don. I got tired of fighting the parks low voltage and put a Hughes Auto Transformer in the trailer.  It will boost the voltage 10% once it reached a preset lower voltage.  With the Hughes showing that it was boosting, no low voltage in the trailer.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, TXiceman said:

Don. I got tired of fighting the parks low voltage and put a Hughes Auto Transformer in the trailer.  It will boost the voltage 10% once it reached a preset lower voltage.  With the Hughes showing that it was boosting, no low voltage in the trailer.

Ken

We do pretty much the same . Our coach is setup for 50 Amp . When we are on a 30 Amp site , I hook the Hughes in line every time . 

We still have to watch our 'consumption' , just a little bit , but , we get along fine .

Goes around , comes around .

Well I placed one A.C. 2 months ago due to motor burning up. Now the 2nd A.C. compressor went out on the other.

Life's good.

2 hours ago, TXiceman said:

Ken

Ken I'll have to find out more about that from you.

Thanks for the info P&P and Ken for the info

2012 Nuwa Champgne 38CKRD

2012 Dodge Laramie 3500

Full timing since 11/20/2012

event.png

46 minutes ago, Just Don said:

Well I placed one A.C. 2 months ago due to motor burning up. Now the 2nd A.C. compressor went out on the other.

Life's good.

Ken I'll have to find out more about that from you.

Thanks for the info P&P and Ken for the info

Don , here's a link to a Google search for Hughes Autoformer . 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=sNY9WufLNYmOjwPP_YHwCQ&q=hughes+autoformer&oq=hughes+auto&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i20i264k1j0l5j0i20i264k1j0l3.3876.9389.0.14422.13.7.0.0.0.0.4457.5679.0j1j4-1j1j9-1.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..9.4.5678.0..0i3k1j0i131k1.0.Z3MvGe5YnFs

Goes around , comes around .

10 hours ago, Just Don said:

Actually, that sounds about normal. Somewhere in the past you were more than likely running a low voltage condition. That caused the motors to run hotter than they should and shortened the life and it finally caught up with you.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived