later

Spankan

1 minute ago, Twotoes said:

I have heard that anything put on your tire actually hurts it more. Not sure about 303. It depends on the ingredients. 

Not true at all.. a proper rubber/plastic  protectant will help extend the life of rubber/plastic... use it on slide out seals too...

18 minutes ago, mptjelgin said:

It is on the internet, so it must be true!!  

If it makes Facebook then I will believe ;)  run yyour 303 for 5 yrs and let me know if they last the 6th

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

2 minutes ago, Spankan said:

Geez people, it’s just some free damn advice... take it or leave it.

Geez spanky youve made 1/2 doz posts dont get your knickers in a twist

Jim Spence

7 hours ago, rdickinson said:

No wonder some folks don't stick around.

True ,We may have been a little rough on him but most new people dont come in acting like a preacher at a revival meeting saying they have found the miracle cure for every problem we may have. Maybe 303 will help tires and if so I will be the 1st to stop and pick some up but his come on was like an advertisement that if we dont buy WD90 to put in our motor oil the pistons are all gonna blow through the valves sideways !

Jim Spence

8 hours ago, rdickinson said:

No wonder some folks don't stick around.

I have an honest question for you:

Do you believe that spraying 303 on the tread of your tires "will dramatically reduce not only dry rot,  but treadwear as well". (Emphasis added).  This was stated as fact in the OP. 

If not, do you think it reasonable to question the post?

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

12 hours ago, Spankan said:

Geez people, it’s just some free damn advice... take it or leave it.

It seems that there are many who have opinions that disagree. I suspect that the main issue is that they feel your opinion has been overstated?  I am not a chemist nor tire expert but I have spoken with the tire company representatives more than once and they pretty much universally state that most such products either do nothing for the tire or are bad for it. I think that a majority of those who participate in these forums would agree with your list of suggestions and have made similar statements, with the exception of the second one about 303 aerospace protectant.  Speaking only for myself, I would like to see some sort of scientific study or some long-term field test information to support your belief. I read lots of things on Facebook and other internet sources that have little grounding in facts. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

That u-tube video should be banned. If a person decided to try that stuff on a motorcycle tire it would make the tread slicker than snot on a brass door knob resulting in the bike going out from under you. The same would happen to a car on wet pavement with this stuff fresh on the tread. even dry there still remains a film on the tire.

ADMIN should remove that video maybe the whole post.

Jim Spence

We use quality tires on our RV's this one uses  Goodyear G6 14"s . We have never used any kind of protectorate  on our tires truck,car,RV.

We do check them carefully on a regular basis and keep them properly inflated.This Rv is a 2013 and the tires are 5 years old. They show no signs of dry rot and have plenty of tread left never the less they will be replaced with fresh shoes in  2018 if no issues arise.

We have the tires checked by a professional  and we use a TPMS for continual monitoring.

What ever you do is your choice.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

3 hours ago, Devilishjim said:

True ,We may have been a little rough on him but most new people dont come in acting like a preacher at a revival meeting saying they have found the miracle cure for every problem we may have. Maybe 303 will help tires and if so I will be the 1st to stop and pick some up but his come on was like an advertisement that if we dont buy WD90 to put in our motor oil the pistons are all gonna blow through the valves sideways !

"preacher at a revival meeting" for trying to help people??  You are such a Troll..great work my friend.

2 hours ago, Devilishjim said:

That u-tube video should be banned. If a person decided to try that stuff on a motorcycle tire it would make the tread slicker than snot on a brass door knob resulting in the bike going out from under you. The same would happen to a car on wet pavement with this stuff fresh on the tread. even dry there still remains a film on the tire.

ADMIN should remove that video maybe the whole post.

Nobody said anything about motorcycles Mr. Troll.... and 303 is water based and is not slick after it penetrates... do your diligence before you run your mouth.

The 303 does seem to help rubber fight off degradation from UV. I've used it on slide seals before and actually did a test (I won't call it scientific). I used it on one half of a slide seal (half way up) and left the rest "natural". In three years of use on that RV there was a noticeable difference in rubber condition, with the 303 being much better. And I mean significantly better.   I've used it on the sides of tires, but I'm not sure it is necessary, since I age out my tires generally before any cracking occurs. But the RV rubber seems more affected.  All just my opinion - for what it is worth.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

6 minutes ago, Jack Mayer said:

The 303 does seem to help rubber fight off degradation from UV. I've used it on slide seals before and actually did a test (I won't call it scientific). I used it on one half of a slide seal (half way up) and left the rest "natural". In three years of use on that RV there was a noticeable difference in rubber condition, with the 303 being much better. And I mean significantly better.   I've used it on the sides of tires, but I'm not sure it is necessary, since I age out my tires generally before any cracking occurs. But the RV rubber seems more affected.  All just my opinion - for what it is worth.

Thank you for you input, and taking the time to post.  I have had similar experiences with the product as well.

Archived