Inspect RV(s) for my Purchase

APex

Folks, I seek help, please: I really need direction to a third party individual, whom I may hire to travel to an area and inspect any RV’s I am interested in for my purchase. Somewhat lacking in the mechanical area, I am. I live in S. Central Colorado, and looking to buy in-state, Denver, Springs-ish(?)

Your help would be forever appreciated.

My name is Allen Peck 

Thank you in advance, for any help

Welcome to the Escapee forums. I suggest that you start by using your favorite search engine to see what you find that way. I did so using Google and found several listings. If you do not find any that meet your needs, then locate a mobile RV tech and ask them to do this for you as nearly all of them would be happy to do it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Wrong thread, you say? Well, that makes things a little clearer for me...ha ha… 

I must admit I was wondering, as I read on and on, but I want to tell you, what you outlined there was an amazing amount of really good information for me,  being a first time RV full-time dweller. I had not thought of those things you spoke of, not at all, and it sure sounds like something I need to pay attention to. What you had written about, and your advice, will be taken by me. 

I thank you, and I thank you again.

Allen P.

Why thank you Allen!

It is either here

Or here:

I am flying up to Denver this Friday and staying with my youngest son, his beautiful wife, and my grandson until the following Friday. But when we are not holidaying I will be house hunting as we can't stand another year here in Louisiana.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Mr. RV_ : Quite welcome you are, however, it is you who is the one deserving of the thanks and gratitude here; hardly me, but you are welcome just the same.

Denver is a beautiful city/area, as you certainly know, if you have been there before. I must say, the way you come across when speaking of your son & family is wonderful, and truly shows what must be of immense value to you; to cherish.        Alas, my wife of 22 yrs passed away somewhat sudden and unexpectedly in '15, without the blessing of our having an extended family...Ahhh... Forgive me...I digress...

Again, Good Sir, thank you for your response; I've enjoyed your messages.

Yours:

Allen P.

Allen,

It's Derek, and I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Yes we know the area well because I taught at the AF Academy for three years, 1978-1981. I missed the trout fishing at Jefferson CO. We both are experienced skiers, and love some of the slopes there like Steamboat. We were here to help her aging parents after 7 years full time RVing. She isn't interested in going back to an RV either. But she is pushing to move there to CO and if I can still handle the altitude, I'm going to see what we can afford in the mountains. Or the plains with a view of the front range. Back and cervical surgery have kept me mobile but slowed me down some. Our kids want us nearer for when it is their turn to do what we did for our folks made home hospice possible and we stayed with them both to the end, and she was asked to be executors for them. And like my wife was the most trusted with money, my son in Denver will be our executor when the time comes in a couple more decades or so. So she's happy and we don't inconvenience the kids later while they're raising their boy, and soon to be born little girl.

Welcome to the club forums? Allen.

Well met.

Derek aka RV.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 12/19/2017 at 1:57 AM, APex said:

I really need direction to a third party individual, whom I may hire to travel to an area and inspect any RV’s I am interested in for my purchase.

I am surprised that you have not had further comments on finding someone to inspect an RV for you prior to purchase. Seems responses have been rather slow lately. When buying a used RV it is always a good idea to get a professional opinion, especially when you have little experience. Have you been able to locate anyone in your area?

• 2 weeks later...

No, Kirk Wood, I have had zero luck in finding someone to even send me in the direction of a third-party to inspect so I had to decide on my own. And I chose a 1985 26 foot Chevy Delta Supreme. Only 57,485 miles... Great Price, too IMO

Yes, it would've been nice to have a knowledgeable individual take a look for me, but I find I know a basic amount of mechanics and I had to move on this.

Regardless, I want to thank you very much for trying to help me. Your efforts were greatly appreciated. 

Allen

3 hours ago, APex said:

a 1985 26 foot Chevy Delta Supreme. Only 57,485 miles... Great Price, too IMO

I have no knowledge of an RV of that name or make. Am I correct that it is built on a 1985 Chevy chassis? Probably a cutaway van chassis? There must be some manufacturer name for the RV as I'm pretty sure that Chevrolet didn't ever build any RVs. We can probably give you better information if we knew a bit more about it. Being 1985 it must be powered by the 454 with a carb as that was before the engine went injected. It could also be something in a class A that was built on the P-30 chassis. Our first motorhome was a 25' Allegro that was on that same chassis but in a 1987 model. We bought it in 1990 and kept it until 1998 when we bought a bigger rig to go fulltime in. It served us pretty well with very few problems. I did add a heat shield for the starter as ours was one of those with a habit of cooking the starter but that was the only serious repair while we owned. 

Consider contacting a mobile RV repair business. If they do not perform such a service the may know who does, and provide contact information. Some of the better RV resorts should have  mobile RV repair business cards from reputable companies.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived