lee goodin

2000 Volvo HDT RV Hauler For Sale

2000 Volvo HDT RV Hauler For Sale

I recently bought a motorhome, so I no longer have a need for my 2000 Volvo VNL 600 RV Hauler. I will be sorry to see it go, because my wife and I have travelled the United States and Canada in it with no problems at all. We have pulled three 5th-wheels with it and have put more than 100,000 miles on it ourselves. The truck comes with the following:

* 370/425 N14 Cummins Engine
* 10-Speed Transmission
* Single Axle
* Smart Car / CanAm Spyder Bed
* 30,000-Pound Air Safe Hitch
* Back-Up Camera
* Brake Smart Control
* Motorhome Registered
* Refrigerator
* Port-a-Potty
* Jack-Knife Sofa - Seats 4 With Seatbelts
* Windows All Around
* 1500-Watt Inverter
* Microwave Oven
* 788,000 Miles
* $15,000

Pictures of this RV Hauler may be viewed by visiting https://2000volvorvhauler.shutterfly.com/pictures/8.

I am located in Charleston, Missouri (southeast Missouri).  If you are interested, please contact me by email at relgoodin@sbcglobal.net.  After you see this truck, I think you will agree I am pricing it extremely low. You won’t find another one like it anywhere, and I’ve put my heart and soul into it. Thank you for your interest.

Sent from my iPad
Edited by lee goodin

10 hours ago, Mntom said:

Heck of a deal....... My wife INSISTS that what ever truck I get has an auto shift in it though.

IDK...at that price/condition/features, she oughta learn how to shift.

28 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

IDK...at that price/condition/features, she oughta learn how to shift.

Yea, we have had that discussion more than once............ I haven't been able to win that battle.

Was this singled long or mid? do the ramps come with the unit? Have you pulled an oil sample latley and if so could you send me a copy of it. finaly what is total lenght of unit.

15 hours ago, oldride said:

Was this singled long or mid? do the ramps come with the unit? Have you pulled an oil sample latley and if so could you send me a copy of it. finaly what is total lenght of unit.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner 

The truck was singled in the mid position. I use to carry a motorcycle behind the cab. Last year I got a 2014 Spyder and had to build a new bed and lengthen the truck. I forgot exactly how long I lengthen. I believe about the length as if it were singled long. The ramps will go with it as well as a 8000 lb winch. The Spyder loads really easy. As for the oil sample, I don’t have one, but I can get one, no problem. I will say it uses no oil except for the 2 qts every time I change the oil. What every Cummins I’ve ever had always did. I did put new rod and main bearings in about 75000 miles ago. Also, about 60000 miles ago I put in a new clutch. The total length pulling my 36’ Mobile Suites was around 65’ give or take. Hope this answers everything. 

1 hour ago, Tackleberry said:

How hard is it to push the clutch in on these trucks?

My wife has a bad knee,  and I need her to drive!

How tough the clutch is depends a lot on the truck. I've heard some are easier than others, especially if they have a lighter clutch put in, but I would expect it to be on the tougher side if it's a standard clutch in a truck of this vintage. I'm gonna say you may want to look at a 2 pedal automatic if her knee's aren't great and she has knee issues. 

I'll give you my feedback from buying a 2000 Volvo 10spd manual earlier this year. I had a little background in these trucks in my late teens/early 20's, but had never driven one professionally and my wife had never driven one ever. My wife and I both love driving manual transmissions with the majority of our cars having been manuals and we ride motorcycles which of course are all manual, but I can tell you shifting a big truck is not even in the same ball park. I got a trial by fire driving our truck from CA to GA with the help of a friend with his CDL. I got the hang of things fairly quickly, but it took me a couple thousand miles towing our 5th wheel before I really started to get things down and now I'm totally comfortable with it. I've taken my wife out a few times out in parking lots with just the truck to teach her how to shift and she's finally getting the timing down to the point she can hit most of the gears both up shifting and downsifting and learning how to double clutch each gear, but she's still hasn't felt comfortable enough to venture on the road. 

I don't know if you are familiar with non synchonized transmissions, but they are totally different than standard clutches found in most cars/trucks you are used to driving. For one they have two positions in the clutch. The upper part of the clutch throw is like a normal clutch, but near the bottom of the throw to the floor, you have a clutch brake that is used to stop the transaxle so you can get it into gear while the truck is stopped, but the transmission is still turning. Once in gear and moving, you have two options when shifting, double clutch it or float the gears. In either way though, you have to match the revs when you shift or it will not go into gear. 

When shifting with the clutch, you barely push the clutch in, just enough to disengage it, but you are pressing it twice in quick sucession on each shift and there is a lot of shifting, so this could be tough for sure. When you get comfortable with floating the gears though, then the clutch isn't really even an issue in the majority of your travels and is only used at stops. I can tell you though that when it comes time to press the clutch to the floor to engage the clutch brake, that takes some leg pressure. My wife has to use all her strength to push and hold the clutch in and it tends to push her up in the seat with the air ride seat since she's so petite. Even myself, without any knee problems, I can tell you if I try to hold the clutch in for an entire red light, my knee starts to get really weak. I've learned how to drive my truck with minimal clutch use and it's not a problem, but know what you are getting into.

With all that said, I love my manual and really enjoy driving it. I like to know that when I put it in gear it will go and I don't have to worry about any computer, sensors, or cables failing on me that control my transmission which makes it pretty robust in my eyes.  

I have a 10 speed autoshift. I don’t belight I have the light weight clutch. When I was diagnosed with cancer, the dr said I was high risk for pathological fracture just from walking. I had a rod placed in my femur and the screws do cause pain. With that being said I have had no problem pushing in the clutch. It is only used to start and stop. It even became easier after I had it adjusted last year. Take her with you to look at trucks so she can try out the clutch.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:34 AM, Tackleberry said:

Is that a 30lb LP rack on the back?  

Yes

22 hours ago, Tackleberry said:

How hard is it to push the clutch in on these trucks?

My wife has a bad knee,  and I need her to drive!

I put in a “easy clutch” about 60000 miles ago. Easier than factory clutch that came in it