Atwood Air Command Heat Pump/AC

Bob Vaughn

Am I the only person in the whole world that has purchased this A/C heat pump?  When I get emails back from them about questions I have asked about it not working it is tho I am talking to some middle school drop out.  They give the most off the wall answers to basic simple questions......I know they have sold more than one and I cannot be the only one communicating with them.....

I have the Atwood 1511.........When it is say 50 degrees outside the heat pump will come on and run for 2-3 minutes then shut off and the fan will run for a few seconds then shut off for a few seconds then the heat pump will come on for 2-3 minutes then shut off and this cycling on and off continues all night.  It will never run long enough to extract any heat from the out side air.    The temp coming off the evaporator is never over 70 degrees......Atwood says this is normal......others have said their other brand heat pump puts out air at 100 degrees or so.....Mine never gets the temp to the set temp at the thermostat.....

I'm guessing the LED is green and not red? It could be the cable or the sensor that monitors outside temperature not reading right or a freeze stat that tells the board the out door coil is colder than it really is. It's been a few years since I have worked on some AC units, so there may be some fancy technology that I am unaware of. According to the manual it won't produce much in the way of heat at or below 45 degrees. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/882947/Atwood-Ac-1361.html?page=18#manual

VisitedStatesMap.gif

• 11 months later...

Hello I just signed up so I'm very new here ....

Help I have the 1361 13k btu with heat pump, I just can't seem to get this thing wired up properly.I have the electric.  hooked up the ac works fine. It's the heat I can't get right, my tstat light is red on heat. the heat comes on but it's doing the same thing coming on and cutting right off. so I don't use it cause of the red heat light

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

This is a very old thread so you may want to start a new one, perhaps in the technical forum, but I'll do what I can to try and help. From what you post it seems that you are working to install your heat-pump system but it might help to know a little more about what you are installing it into. Are you building an RV or replacing the a/c unit in an existing RV and if so what make/model of RV?  Also, do you have a copy of the installation manual found here?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When you speak to Atwood they will tell you that is the way it is designed to work ....I kid you not those who answer customer calls are truly clueless.  They read from a script.  The dealer that installed mine really got frustrated trying to get help from them.  I went to A,C school and I think there was an assembly mistake when installing the sensors as there are 4 of them in the unit.  I think one of my issues is the baffle is installed incorrectly....

Archived