1 air leak fixed

Brad & Jacolyn

I finally got tired of the leaking brake valve in the dash and since I'm set up for the winter I ordered one and replaced it. Just for reference the original number for mine was 20523171. This has been changed (isn't that a surprise) to 85123221. I priced these and the Volvo dealer wanted over $500.00 so I went online and they only wanted about $400.00. I then dug into my notebook and found the Meritor number (RKN 20619) that Suite Success gave me. Well a little more searching and I found both the new Volvo number and the Meritor number cross referenced to the old Volvo number (plus a Volvo parts man told me the Meritor number was also a good replacement). So I started looking for the Meritor part and Finditparts.com had it for (wait for it) $247.00. It arrived today and has been installed already. The leak has stopped. It was not a bad job. I could reach in from the top and pop off the 6 air lines, trimmed them and put them on the new valve. So this eliminates 1 of my 412 air leaks. Thanks Suite.

Brad  

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

No problem Brad.  Glad you found it.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hi Chief,

I have a 2004 Volvo 630. I have no idea if it is specific to the year. A quick call to a Volvo dealer with your VIN will get you the Volvo number.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Archived