Slideout died

Bossgv

I retracted my bedroom slideout, now will not extend??

I have a 1999 Winnebago Grand Tour Vectra, when I was leaving for a week I decided to put the slides in. When I retracted my bedroom slide, it operated just fine. I later tried to extend it but it will not move. I hear the pump run, fluid is full but no movement.

Unit is equipped with a HWH hydraulic system, for slides and auto leveling system. When I try the living room slide, briefly, will move in both directions. I am afraid to try it in full operation, for fear I will have more problems. Again, the pump runs but slide will not move at all. Fluid is good, all fuses and wiring look good...........Ideas??? 

Check the solenoid at the pump that operates that slide.  the coils can burn out.  

You can swap an operating solenoid for the suspected bad one.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

HWH technicial manuals, installation manuals, etc http://hwh.com/ml44100b_home.html#_SYSTEM_INFORMATION

Also, a member of irv2.com, azpete works for HWH, he offers free advice for anyone's questions about their HWH system. He even posts his phone number.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived