Insurance

I'mdonewiththis forum

I am insured through RLI Insurance Company (via BlueSky), and I pay about $900 per year for the truck.

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

I switched to National General when Blue Sky stopped renewing policies.  I have the truck and 5er with them with agreed value on the truck and replacement value on the 5er.  I pay approximately $1600 annually for this coverage (total for both vehicles).

Cost will be affected by the state you are insured in, the region within that state, your driving history, your credit score and the type of coverage you have.  No two people are exactly the same, so keep that in mind when comparing costs people share.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

49 minutes ago, DanBree said:

I am insured through RLI Insurance Company (via BlueSky), and I pay about $900 per year for the truck.

That should be ending soon for you, unless you are saying you just renewed in the last 6 months?

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I did forget to put in that it was on both the trailer and the tractor. National General will not insure one without insuring the other. It looks like Chad and I pay the same rate approximately.

As you can see I live in Las Vegas and everything out here when dealing with insurance is a little more expensive. However I remember when I was 18 years old (back in the 90's, yes I know I am just a pup) but I wanted a IROC Z 28 Camero or 5.0 HO Mustang 5 speed. Car payments would have been 150.00 per month and my insurance for an 18 year old boy was 250.00 not good. My parents were all for the car until they saw the insurance quote and said no way. I wound up with a 1987 Ford Bronco II. I did have an awesome ground pounding stereo in it. It did 180 DB's and I worked at a car stereo shop........... Oh the stories I could tell about growing up and jobs I had as a kid.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory O

Farmers:  Volvo and fiver $1,046 per year. Should mention that I am registered in Cook County IL which pushes the rate up a bit. On the other side I have three vehicles, house, and umbrella liability policies with them which earn some discounts.

I should also mention that they have stood solidly behind me regarding a serious accident with the smart 18 months ago.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

$3000 a year for the truck ($600), trailer($1700) and smart($700). I bumped up the liability limits, have agreed value on the truck and replacement on the trailer and fulltimers coverage. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

5 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

That should be ending soon for you, unless you are saying you just renewed in the last 6 months?

I'll be checking with them on whether they will be continuing coverage in 2018.

Dan & Bree

6 minutes ago, Mntom said:

Anybody try Progressive for their HDT? That's who I have right now and when I showed a picture to my agent she immediately said it would need to be a commercial policy. That was about a year ago.

Yeah, we had USAA for our cars so when we checked on the HDT/5th wheel which uses Progressive for the RV's, they wanted the commercial dept to write me a non commercial plan. It wasnn't technically a commercial plan, but was written by the commercial dept It was going to be around $3k for both truck/trailer. I ended going with Miller and National General. I'm at at about $1473/yr for both the truck/5ver. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

We called Miller and they gave us a lot better plan, less money than Progressive. Going with them soon. Truck is 800 with them. Saving 1k ish all total. We have new Dodge Durango, new Smart, Freightliner, 2003 Teton. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I am getting a quote from Roxanne at this time, the first reply she beat the rates I have been paying, but limits was not the same, and I sent her my deck sheets so she can adjust, however she was a hundred dollars higher on the smart than State Farm is, so she is also giving me a quote without the smart, I will post back when I get the final result, but her quote was lower with the smart than I was paying just for the Volvo and my 5th wheel from National Interstate.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

My truck was 650 until my accidents were figured in. That was full coverage for a year. Deer totaled one smart, accident with loaner smart while mine getting warranty work. Last one not really my fault but pedestrian on bicycle always win. Can't get blood out of a turnip.🤔

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

My truck was 650 until my accidents were figured in. That was full coverage for a year. Deer totaled one smart, accident with loaner smart while mine getting warranty work. Last one not really my fault but pedestrian on bicycle always win. Can't get blood out of a turnip.🤔

But , they'll squeeze every bit of whatever moisture out . :(

Goes around , comes around .

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 7:24 PM, DanBree said:

I'll be checking with them on whether they will be continuing coverage in 2018.

Got confirmation that all my RV insurance is being dropped with BlueSky/RLI.  Working on getting quotes.

Dan & Bree

I think maybe us, who have been through it, were wishful that they might come back!

But it is not to be.  Just a matter of time until there isn't anybody insured with them anymore.  Mine ran out last April.  Got re-insured while at the ECR.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Archived