Full Body Paint

EverywhereMan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an old posting, but updated.  Just want to add that I did not want full body paint when I bought my rig almost 10 years ago because I thought the cost was silly.  However, I still get people who think my rig is 2 or 3 years old instead of 10!  Well worth the price because I think it will be easier to sell someday.

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, Kimkarl said:

Just wondering if I can have my 2020 Montana painted with full body paint

Yes, all it takes is time without the RV and a BUNCH of MONEY $$$$$.  Last I heard was a 38' with 3 colors and clear coat was $18,000.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Some years ago I had some damage to our class A repaired at Johnson Fiberglass Boat & RV Repair and they did excellent work. They have a paint booth large enough for the biggest RVs and do a lot of paint and repair work for the RV dealers as well as the public. Check them out. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

8 hours ago, Danfreda1 said:

Check out CDI painting in Forest City Iowa. They do all Winnebagos, spacecraft and new horizon. Just had our new one repainted and they did a great job. 

How long was the wait time after you decided to have it done and scheduled it?  I was pretty involved in Spacecraft for a while. Had a Facebook page and visited the factory often. Heard good and bad about the CDI, but Spacecraft could not find anyone else (at that time) that could do their units. I found it funny that some owners did the paint and then had their rigs "Wrapped". If I ever do anything to my unpainted plain white trailer it will be a wrap. Probably just as expensive as a paint but maybe not. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We made an appt a few months ahead of time. It was a problem during the build they got a color wrong and had to have it repainted. It took 2 weeks but they put us in a hotel and made it better than when we picked it up from new horizon 9 months earlier. 

Edited by Danfreda1
Added text

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, clark261 said:

If you want a long-lasting finish, General Finishes Milk Paint is the way to go. This paint is scratch-resistant, but it requires a lot of priming and sanding before you can use it.

I doubt that furniture paint would work for the exterior of an RV, but that's just me.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

There's a person on iRV2 forum in the 'General' section doing a report of having his RV painted in Rocky Point Mexico right now.  (That's a very easy, short drive from the Organ Pipe Cactus NP area.)  The pictures he's taking look great and very, very reasonable.  They're also doing other misc. work.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel