Horst Miracle Probes

mesa

9 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I've heard the complaint often enough at less that FHU parks to know that not everyone listens to what the tanks are saying. Our SeeLevel system always gives us plenty of notice so we can plan our dumping needs at our convenience though.

All I can say is that we've spent plenty of time in less than FHU places and we never seem to have a problem . 

Good you're happy with what you have . :)

Goes around , comes around .

39 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Our black tank is not under the toilet . There's at least one and likely two elbows in the pipe before the tank . 

I guess , for some folks that don't seem to have the wherewithal to realize a difference in flush sounds , checking the lights is a must . 

Wherewithal means nothing when your toilet must flush up hill. That requires a macerator built in to the toilet. You can listen all you want but all you will hear is the electric motor sound of the macaerator when you flush. Now what are you gonna do Pete? Checking the See Level gauge may be inconvenient but less so than when the toilet refuses to flush because the tank is full.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Wherewithal means nothing when your toilet must flush up hill. That requires a macerator built in to the toilet. You can listen all you want but all you will hear is the electric motor sound of the macaerator when you flush. Now what are you gonna do Pete? Checking the See Level gauge may be inconvenient but less so than when the toilet refuses to flush because the tank is full.

Short of an in-ground septic system being up hill , I've not seen an RV that has a waste tank higher than it's inputs .

Try checking out the new DRV 5th wheels with 2 toilets, 1 each in the upper and lower levels. They have 1 black water tank. Exactly what can you listen to and how do you think that those toilets "drop" your stuff into a tank located level with that toilet? Kinda ruins your listening method, eh?

2014 smart Fortwo

I have been doing this for over 20 years and have never recognized it was full by the sound. Of course it could be an issue with my hearing.  I can sometimes get a clue about the fresh water pump and tank by the sound.  I am think I must not have ever gotten one to thje point that it wouldn't flush but I have had the same trailer since Nov.1999 and definitly have an idea of when to dump. I rarely ever look at the lights in regard to the black and grey tanks but slightly more for the grey.   I can't figure out the metric lighting so I use the  fraction system, you know  1/4- 1/2- etc.:P

Seriously, on the drv the one tank , 2 toilets is one uphill and uses a macerator?  Just trying to be clear.

38 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Seriously, on the drv the one tank , 2 toilets is one uphill and uses a macerator?  Just trying to be clear.

http://www.thetford.com/product/tecma-silence-plus-rv/

2014 smart Fortwo

7 minutes ago, Big5er said:

DRV ... maybe 1 in 50 ( maybe more ) have a silent flush ? I really don't know . 

Point : the majority can 'get use to their systems' without the use of the little lights . 

I do like the idea of ( from the DRV site ) "

• Larger seat and larger, deeper bowl for added comfort "

DRV has 3 or 4 models with 2 toilets. One has a bathroom at the rear (all the way to the rear) and another has a restroom at the very front. There ain't no black water tank between the floor and the hitch, nor is it located behind the axles at the rear of the trailer. Gotta get that poo to that tank somehow and listening isn't much of an option.

I like my electric toilet just fine. But I bet it's gonna be expensive when it breaks.

2014 smart Fortwo

3 minutes ago, Big5er said:

DRV has 3 or 4 models with 2 toilets. One has a bathroom at the rear (all the way to the rear) and another has a restroom at the very front. There ain't no black water tank between the floor and the hitch, nor is it located behind the axles at the rear of the trailer. Gotta get that poo to that tank somehow and listening isn't much of an option.

I like my electric toilet just fine. But I bet it's gonna be expensive when it breaks.

Maybe you haven't noticed my last post .

And , I'm not sure I'd care to have voltage that close ... ;) 

iSeres by Techedge is an alternative to Horst and SeeLevel

https://tankedge.com/products.html

We needed a system that would monitor 2 (120g)water, 1(120g)black, 1(120g) grey and a 1 (29g) propane tank. The iSeris was the only system that would do it. 

The new tanks in our trailer are made with 3/8" HDPE.  The Moda technology that both iSeres (analog) and SeeLevel (digital) use does not work through 3/8" plastic. iSeres make PVC internal sensors for use with plastic tanks that are over 1/4" thick.

2011 Cameo 34SB3

8 hours ago, J-T said:

We needed a system that would monitor 2 (120g)water, 1(120g)black, 1(120g) grey and a 1 (29g) propane tank. The iSeris was the only system that would do it. 

Thanks for the update! It is good to see another current technology system on the market. Are you building your own RV? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

13 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Thanks for the update! It is good to see another current technology system on the market. Are you building your own RV? 

Tech-Edge iSeries are the current incarnation of the Acu-Gage systems that have been around for many years. Our 1986 Dolphin Class C had a factory installed Acu-Gage monitor setup that used the same MODA foil tape sensor system that the iSeries uses today. The in-tank sensor is new though, and a terrific idea for metal and thick walled tanks.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Our 2015 Continental Coach has two macerator commodes , one black tank and the Tank Tech i-series tank monitor system. As pointed out by Phil(Big 5er), with macerator commodes one is not able to asses black tank status by "listening" to the tank ( as we did with our previous rigs with conventional rv commodes).  A reliable monitor system is necessary.  To date our macerator commodes and tank monitor have been accurate and reliable, Best Wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

I have had them for a number of years now. Very easy to install. Remove the old "sensor" bolt and install. You use the same wiring. I don't use anything special when I dump, flushers etc. It's just nice when after the dump It shows empty every time.

Dave 04 ExcelTD

Archived