Pathway X2

D&J

After 6 years and the declining signal from our Tailgater I decided to make the change to the Pathway X2 and I'm glad I did, it's amazing how strong the signal is compared what I remember what the Tailgater was when new. I know it never had a 75 signal strength on 110 before.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

13 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

And now you can access the Dish eastern arc sats when they offer better aiming access... ;)

... or when that's where the HD signals for the local channels are (as are nearly all locals in the eastern US).

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

4 minutes ago, Second Chance said:

... or when that's where the HD signals for the local channels are (as are nearly all locals in the eastern US).

Rob

Yep, that too!

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Won't be trying out the eastern arc until we get to Texas in the spring, here in Yuma the locals are western arc only plus there's a tree in the way but we will be traveling east next year. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

23 hours ago, D&J said:

declining signal from our Tailgater I decided to make the change to the Pathway X2 and I'm glad I did, it's amazing how strong the signal is compared what I remember

Denny

Your response was just what needed to say it is time for the tailgater replacement. My Christmas present was just ordered but had been on the wish or some time.

Could buy the DW  her Christmas present, a hard drive for the second receiver. LOL

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

7 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

Your response was just what needed to say it is time for the tailgater replacement. My Christmas present was just ordered but had been on the wish or some time.

Could buy the DW  her Christmas present, a hard drive for the second receiver. LOL

Clay

I was thinking about it for a year or two but after getting to Yuma and this year and only getting 10 signal strength on 129 I knew it was time, now I get 40 on 129 and 110 and 119 are better than I get from my stationary dish at home.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

My receiver is about 2 years old. Bought it and X2 at same time. It has started loosing memory lately. No signal and have to rescan. Doing this badly just a few days ago. Unplugged and let it cool. Rescan and doing good now. It may be going out.  

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Our receiver is only a year old, a power issue took the old one out. I was even able to get a new 211K from a dealer in Texas. The only thing I've found with the Pathway X2 is the travel time from 110 to 129 is longer than the Tailgater.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

Received Pathway X2 today. I little startup problem as I just removed the Tailgater and connected the X2. No signal so next step try the 25 foot via an open window. Everything worked after I talked to Wingard.  I changed the menu to get me on Satellite 119 and everything was fine. Next back to the nearly 50 foot original cable. It not work so cleaned one connector and now watching HD through a bare tree.

I difference I see between Tailgator and Pathway is the expected operation  after a ice storm. The signal of the X@ is superior .

Now I have to figure where I going locate the second receiver. Pro & cons but that will be next year.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I also have really enjoyed my X2.  I have just started having some trouble with a spastic problem of the Satellite signal  dropping out.  We will have been set u for days on end; no problem.  Then all of a sudden WHAM!  No Signal!  Talked to numerous technicians, no solution.  Then I talked to a really smart young lady that even spoke English!  She listened for a few minutes.  She asked if I had the cable plugged directly in to the receiver.  I confessed that I didn't.  She said that the pass-through plugs they make for the cables is not "stout" enough to handle the voltage that drives the X2.  I ran the cable straight through to the receiver, and "Wa La!"

No more problem.  I think I might change out the weatherproof box on the O/S and put some silicone grease in the connections.

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

We were doing ok with the X2 then began getting random "no signal."  The connection had a link at the coax inlet, above the door, back in the bedroom and then on to the receiver. I found those coax links to be loosened (unscrewed) by banging down the road but eventually I found the F connectors to be literally coming apart. Cheap crappy coax.

Enough of this!

Eight feet from the receiver I found a convenient hole in the floor where a wire loom went through.  A one-inch hole for a 3/8" loom???  Anyway, that gave me a convenient place to lead a coax under the MH, then I installed a coax plate on a convenient wall in the power-cord compartment. and replaced the standard connector in the plate with a gold-plated one. Now I have a quad-shield solid-copper conductor RG6 coax from the receiver directly to that plate where previously I had three falling-apart connections between the receiver and the outlet plate.

No more pixellizations and random signal loss!

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

For those who have used a fixed dish and the Pathway X2 how would you compare your signal on the Pathway X2 to a fixed dish or tripod Dish? We have a Pathway X2 but cannot pick up the locals from the coastal area we typically use as our "home address". According to the spotbeam maps we should be able to pick them up fine where we are but we're showing no signal on that transponder at all. I wondered if it was because of the dish being smaller than a regular dish? 

Did you set your service address to somewhere in that area? Hint; it's easier in chat rather than voice call where you get someone in bfe.

Also, lately locals have been an extra-charge item,  so actually you might not be subscribed.

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

On 12/1/2017 at 9:31 AM, cpalmer2k said:

For those who have used a fixed dish and the Pathway X2 how would you compare your signal on the Pathway X2 to a fixed dish or tripod Dish? We have a Pathway X2 but cannot pick up the locals from the coastal area we typically use as our "home address". According to the spotbeam maps we should be able to pick them up fine where we are but we're showing no signal on that transponder at all. I wondered if it was because of the dish being smaller than a regular dish? 

First are you sure you are using the address for the area you are in, next did you try and use the eastern arc satellites. I your downloaded guide shows the locals then you are subscribed, a few years back I was out east and didn't get the locals to come just like the problem you have now because they were on the eastern arc and our Tailgater would only get western arc.   

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

44 minutes ago, LindaH said:

On Dish?

We're Dish customers and don't pay extra for locals.

I think the confusion comes from Dish breaking out the locals on most plans this year as a separate $10/mo line item at the same time they dropped the plan prices by $10 and added the $5/mo annual rate increase, making a net increase of $5 as is usual. The bigger change, since breaking out the locals didn't actually change anything, is that now we can drop the locals and save the $10 if we want to. That's a good deal for those that get the locals OTA with a good signal. I suspect Dish's motive is to decrease the number of sat local subscribers, which in turn will lower the total amounts they pay the locals for retransmission rights. It also gives them a mechanism to raise the sat locals cost to the subscribers still getting them as the greedy local stations force them into paying more and more at each contract renewal. Our congress critters created this mess, and I'd really like to see them fix it...

Dutch

16 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I think the confusion comes from Dish breaking out the locals on most plans this year as a separate $10/mo line item at the same time they dropped the plan prices by $10 and added the $5/mo annual rate increase, making a net increase of $5 as is usual.

That could be.  I rarely look at the bill if the amount due is within about $5 of what I expect it to be...taxes fluctuate from month to month, so any small variance isn't a concern to me.  Maybe I should go take a look at my last bill!  ;)

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

7 hours ago, LindaH said:

That could be.  I rarely look at the bill if the amount due is within about $5 of what I expect it to be...taxes fluctuate from month to month, so any small variance isn't a concern to me.  Maybe I should go take a look at my last bill!  ;)

There really wasn't much to notice, Linda. Dish just broke the locals out as a separate line item on the bill. There likely would have been a lot less confusion if they had done the locals breakout one month, and the usual annual increase another.

Dutch

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2017 at 4:55 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

It also gives them a mechanism to raise the sat locals cost to the subscribers still getting them as the greedy local stations force them into paying more and more at each contract renewal. Our congress critters created this mess, and I'd really like to see them fix it...

Fat chance.

2006 Heartland Bighorn 3055RL w/ Mor/Ryde IS Suspension and Hydraulic Brakes

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD w/B&W turnover hitch and Companion

Archived