What have you folks done to insure a new truck when picking it up?

mr. cob

Try explaining to the dealer what you are up against as far as registration and insurance, I bet they will have a solution for you. 

They might deliver it to you for a small fee, or maybe they can set you up with temporary registration and insurance through them ( in other words, make it look like you are going on an "extended" test drive).

6 hours ago, jenandjon said:

This may be a good option. They run trucks around all the time.

Howdy jenandjon,

The dealer offered to deliver the truck, after closer inspection I noticed some things missing such as the sleeper heat-air cond unit, I ran the vin by Peterbilt and was told that the truck was manufactured with a sleeper heat-air cond unit so I passed on the deal.  The hunt continues, darn nice truck but fancy paint is not what I am looking for.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

12 minutes ago, oldbutspry said:

I remember reading that my USAA policy gives me a 72 hour grace period after buying a car to add it to my policy.  Not sure about other companies.

Howdy oldbutspry,

That is something that is common on "most" insurance policy's but NOT on the one I have on my HDT and trailer.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived