Super singles anyone?

CrazyCooter

I wonder which OTR driver decided that was not the way to go?  I've heard they work pretty well for tandem setups.  With 50 % life, they probably have a lot of age on them yet.  Which means they will still age out before they are worn out.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

The seller's location of the tires is an area where super singles would not be good, but it's hard to say what the reason for selling is. I wouldn't mind having a set for fair weather/desert off road driving, but keep the duals for winter.......Hell I guess I'm to lazy now to swap them out anyway!

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

3 hours ago, NoDirectionHome said:

That's a good price but you need to know/understand what wheel offset you can accommodate

Yes, good point. It would likely narrow up the track on the rear of my truck which would not be favorable. Maybe some of those pot metal wheel adapter from JC Whiplash could fix it? ;)

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

21 hours ago, CrazyCooter said:

Full set of super single drive wheel/tires

https://redding.craigslist.org/hvo/d/super-singles/6385427284.html

I looked at the ad and did not see what size the tires where. The picture is not the best.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

23 hours ago, CrazyCooter said:

The seller's location of the tires is an area where super singles would not be good, but it's hard to say what the reason for selling is. I wouldn't mind having a set for fair weather/desert off road driving, but keep the duals for winter.......Hell I guess I'm to lazy now to swap them out anyway!

Hey Cooter if you have to change the tires for the winter you are to far north. Come on down to the RGV where it is warm.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

1 hour ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Hey Cooter if you have to change the tires for the winter you are to far north. Come on down to the RGV where it is warm.

Brad

Too far north and west! If we were retired, I would be somewhere warmer for sure. For right now we still camp in the winter and off road, so have to keep options open.

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

First of all the ad don't say with the off set is. If they came off a truck they will be off set in to the frame to make a narrow track. If they came off a trailer they will be off set out to make a wider track.

Secondly if you want to get stuck in the smallest of mud puddles this is the tire for you. Super singles are like driving a car with raceing slicks on wet grass. 

Our trucks run in a rural area mostly gravel roads. I suppose if you never ever left pavement they would be ok.

That's not a bad price. I  looked at getting some for my side dump trailer to loose some weight. You loose 800 lbs. But I would never put them on any of the trucks.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Back when I was still trucking I had a super single come apart while passing through Marietta, GA on I-75.  I thought it couldn't have happened at a better place since Atlanta should have plenty of replacements.  8 hours later I was back on the road after a guy was sent from our Chattanooga terminal with one to install for me.  Our National Road Service provider could not find even 1 of them in Atlanta area! I wouldn't run them unless I could carry an extra with me.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

24 minutes ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

could not find even 1 of them in Atlanta area!

Several years ago, I noticed that most trucks running them had a spare secured on the truck.  Now, I rarely see that.  Perhaps they've become more popular and so more dealers stock them?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

23 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Several years ago, I noticed that most trucks running them had a spare secured on the truck.  Now, I rarely see that.  Perhaps they've become more popular and so more dealers stock them?

Possibly.  My event was about 10 years ago.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

Archived