You never know who will pull in next to you....

lockmup68

Pulled in late Friday night and said hi to neighbors out cooking dinner. Came around the back side of the trailer so I didn't see the HDT sitting there. Met Paarformance and his son. Super nice folks up here wheelin' their Rubicon at the local wheelin spot. Between them and the two folks up in Grand Ole RV Park north of Nashville, I've seen more HDTs this week then I've seen since the spring rally!

Good people.

We are headed to East TN to do some wheelin' this weekend, and then over to St. Louis area for Thanksgiving. Then working our way down to FL for Dec. Hope to meet up with some of yall along the way. 

Shannon

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

We enjoyed meeting you and your daughter ( very impressive young lady) this weekend, wish we had more time to visit and share stories.

We are heading out around 8:00 am for the Clermont KY area. spending the day at the Jim Beam Distillery on an "educational tour".

Then heading to four wheel with friends, near Slade KY.

Thanks for the warm welcome Shannon, we were glad to meet another set of HDTer's and to glean more info.

Maybe someday our off-roading trips will line up and we can get a chance to wheel together as well.

Have a great week,

Michael and Noah

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Where you wheeling ?  We hit AOP,  Windrock & Golden Mt this past summer.  All good places.

Was just o Hot Sprigs ORV last weekend.

After St Louis you can slide down I44 to Flat Nasty, SMORR and Rush Springs.

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

We will hit the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway for two or three days then over to Windrock for a couple days than back to Balmy Florida for Thanksgiving dinner:).

We liked Byrd's off road on the northwestern end of Arkansas.  We hit another place near Hot Springs, but the name escapes me just now.

I think it used to be called Superlift.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

1 hour ago, Parrformance said:

We hit another place near Hot Springs, but the name escapes me just now.

I think it used to be called Superlift.

Superlift park is now called Hot Springs Off Road Park.  Great place, we have a fall gathering the 2nd Saturday of November every year.

http://www.orvpark.com/

Have never been to Byrd's may have to check it out sometime.

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 9:46 PM, lockmup68 said:

We are up in Pioneer, TN UTV’ing for a few days. Just trail riding, but fun. 

Just a follow-up, the Royal Blue ATV Resort is awesome. 900 miles of trails out of that area. Plenty of RV spots and cabins available, clean and big spots. Got to hang with about 40 folks from my hometown in Louisiana. I saw all the LSU gear and said, 'hey, where yall at?" We bonded.....

http://rideroyalblue.com

There is a new high falutin Class A RV resort under construction right before RideRoyalBlue, called the Ridges at Royal Blue. It will be done in a few months. Super big and wide spots for larger rigs. Owner has a 45' diesel pusher and pulls a 30' enclosed stacker that he modeled the sites around to fit. 

We had a blast on the Razors and I got to try out a new CanAm Turbo. Goes pretty good.

3 minutes ago, lockmup68 said:

Pearl River, Honey Island Swamp exit. In between Slidell and Picayune, MS.

That's funny. I looked at your profile after posting and you are from Picayune! I wanted to get back home to go to Cueavas' 50th year anniversary celebration last weekend. 

Archived