Potential Value of truck

jcsteele

I HATE to think about this but it sounds like I may have a different Job offer coming my way which would mean this truck would just continue to sit. It has been sitting alot in the last 4 months (I haul loads of hay occasionally) because I have been trying to find an air hitch. Finally got that and now this offer surfaced. 

Anyway, If I end up deciding to sell it, what are some opinions on a fair asking price?

1996 International 9400, Detroit S60 with a 9spd behind it. Cannot find a rear end ratio.

FULL service in the last 500 miles, including every filter.

708K miles. Fleet it was bought from said it was remanned at 650K but no paperwork.... it runs like it though. Fires on the first role in warm weather, fired on the 3rd role at 25* this morning without being plugged in. Not one puff of blowby and no smoke out the exhaust (except when really cold of course).

Has new alternator.

Brand spankin new steers and 95% drives (just older in age). brakes are good.

was singled short by a shop. 

For the right price, I would send the Trailer Saver hitch with it but I would rather keep it for my pickup.

Interior is nothing special but in really good shape. Could use a new seat and there is a crack in one corner of one of the windshields.

Exterior is definitely a little bit ugly but mechanically it is EXTREMELY sound...

Thanks guys!

00000_blrXYzz1HDf_300x300.jpg

00M0M_eog43kAU44x_300x300.jpg

00w0w_eHev6bISjNT_300x300.jpg

Ive been doing a lot of shopping around. Going to auctions etc. That should bring 5 to 10K easy. Maybe as much as 15. Too bad they cut it off so short. Kind of limits options. Start out asking 20 and go from there. Always start out high when selling. I would be interested but its too short for me.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Archived