Finding a good home for my 01 Volvo 660

davelinde

I've been away from the forums for a while and somehow cannot find my own posts from earlier in the year.  Maybe just my fat fingers... but in any case - here's an update of my question.

I've got a 2001 Volvo 660 converted for RV use that is getting no RV use.  The truck has been sitting for over two years now and I need to get it sold.

The big hurdle had been when it refused to go into gear... which was eventually diagnosed as a frozen clutch. I had some trouble towing it from behind my garage where it's stored... and when I finally got the help lined up for that, it seemed the fuel filter had clogged up.  After the filter was replaced the battery minder had failed and the battery plant would not take a charge.  Someone here aptly noted that my heart was not really in fixing this and getting it sold.

Well... I do my new year resolutions early so this thing needs to move before the registration comes due again in January.  A few people here had expressed interests but since I cannot get search for the old thread to work I'm re-posting.  If anyone is still interested in taking on my project truck, let me know and I'll provide details.  Lacking immediate interest for it "as is" I'll start spending $$'s to get a few things repaired first and go a more direct route to sell it privately or maybe at auction. 

Dave (Tammy, Mark and Kirsten)

2009 Cyclone 3210 Toy Hauler

2001 Volvo 660

Is this the thread you are talking about?

http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/127604-auction-private-sale-or-scrap

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived