Electric door locks not functioning

Wrknrvr

The other day I tried to open the drivers door on our 610 ,but they seam to not work properly . So I could use some help on this since we are in fast mode to leave.

Now the passenger door will open and close properly. For two days the drivers door would not even open at all. Then yesterday I noticed it was open but still latch at the first position . I was just thinking it was frozen from the weather.. So may have tried to open it too many times with the key.

Now when I try to unlock it there is the no normal clunk when the locks are closed or opened. If you work the door handle inside on the passenger side, the drivers inside handle side moves just a little.

Freezing rain is not fun to working in as is the forecast for today.

Is there a separate fuse for this or not. I cannot find it on the net.

Thanks a lot,.   Vern

Based on your description, I would think there is an issue with the driver's side door lock actuator. If you cannot lock and unlock with the key then the latch rod may have come off. Can you here the power lock actuator moving when you try to unlock or lock the door?

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

It does not make the same noise as before. As in a distinct thunk . The passenger side works , but does not have the solid noise as before.

When moving the handle inside on the passenger side as in locking and unlocking the door, the drivers handle moves but just maybe 1/2".

So my wife cannot help as her arm is in a sling and there is snow and ice on the ground. My friend where I am staying is recuperating from liver surgery so I do not want to ask him to help. Now there is a neighbor that if I see him I will ask him for a few minutes of his time.

The drivers door will only latch on the closed position with the door just not shut completely. The latch will catch if you test it with the door open. But it will not hold the door in the completely closed position. I was hoping it was just frozen.

I will try today as it is above freezing. We are free to go south as th DW surgeon gave her permission to travel .

I need to load the jeep and get ready for our Sunday departure. The ground should be frozen at our site Sunday am.

thanks for your help,.  Vern 

I have been outside doing things to get out of Montana. Shoveling snow and ice off the edge of the road where the truck will hopefully enter paved street.

Hey dummy try the door.   It works as before.  We had several days below 10 degrees at night. So I guess it just wanted me think about the doors. Push snow and ice off the slides.

Thanks, for the help,.   Vern

Probably the actuator is gummed up or got some moisture in it and froze up.

Next time maybe try an electric heater inside the truck to keep it above freezing.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived