Semi Confused -LOL get it semi Ha! Ha!

Vegas Teacher

I'll go as high as five, but I gotta have the fully illuminated, genuine chromium, 8-ball, Rat Fink shifter extension that everyone is talking about...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Hey teach I got my hand up and like to ad to the conversation.                 Seems like we are doing the same thing we bought our truck anticipating retirement  Fixing things as they come up .Seems like there is something to learn every time I go out and look at it. I have had my cdl  for 30 years and do not claim to know everything about them. There is a lot of good advice on this forum and some not so much. I understand  why you sub out a lot of work on your truck. You sound like you have a lot of irons in the fire. These truck projects take a lot of time. if you decide to build your own truck bed and don't know how to weld there are a lot of great how to videos on you tube. Be prepared to spend a lot of weekends and nights after work working on this. And the most important thing don't get so obsessed with your truck that your wife starts to feel like she is playing second fiddle .Teach her how to weld . (woman makes better  welders any way, steady hands) keep her involved. I have driven these things on ice and snow. Finding a snow covered parking lot to practice in is great advice make sure to take your chains, Practice putting them on. I have seen these trucks get stuck on as little as a entrance to a parking lot or slight slope. Hang in there  

Wowsers.....looks like everything I wanted to say has just about all been said.  Just pull your throttles back a little and enjoy the ride.  Your concerns are for a 2010......my concerns are for my 1997.  Just got off the phone with fleet pride on ordering a new blower motor for my rig....thousands of parts out there for our rigs....obtw...don't use your finger to get your blower motor to spool up....you don't want to know how I know this but new parts are on order.  Should you continue to have doubts and concerns!!!!!!!?  Jump back on here a read every response again. Everyone of us has been there in one way or another.  You will be fine.

Cdl-  youre a teacher, you can study, so just go get the cdl manual and read it.

i got mine, but took no class.  The test is not so useful, only the pre-trip was useful, and i know that has been discussed many times here.

the cdl manual is a good resource for basic truck system knowledge, brakes, air system, etc.

to me, the driving part just takes seat time and patience. And caution.  Cdl book has good advice about driving, made me a better car driver.

Cdl ticket=useless, unless you pick up side work at the local gravel pit.  Cdl class will also discuss lots of logbook junk, which is also useless to you.  Hook up a trailer, drag it around in an empty parking lot, back it up all over, into different areas, take it on roads with little traffic.

One truck i drive is as old as me, and other two can vote, and parts are on the shelf. 

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Archived