Back up lights jackolee

GlennWest

I have no back up lights on Teton with my Freightshaker. As I understand, the truck has none. How do I get them working? I have read it on this forum but the search turns up nothing for our trucks

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glenn, not at all familiar with the Freightliner but they just might be like the Volvo.  Anyway, on the Volvo the rear lights on the truck are combined filament while the trailer line is indivivual turn/stop filament.  The rear lights on the Volvo truck body have a back-up light wire.  I would venture to say the Freightliner has the same.  Swap out the filament bulb in the Teton for a LED or use the BU light wire with a relay for BRIGHT BU lights so as not to upset the lighting computer (if it exists).  In fact, if you have LED turn, stop, running lights on your trailer there is no need for a converter,  just use the rear truck light harness rather than the trailer harness - tap into the rear truck lights (not trailer lights).  Non-LED RV trailer lights load truck apron lights too much so a converter is needed.  I also use this same truck BU light wire for my back up alarm.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived