Sign in to follow this  
Kirk Wood

Looking for a place to pause while fulltiming?

Bass Lake Christian Retirement Community currently has a nice shaded lot with very small, plumbed cabin available by the owner.  Bass Lake is about 20 miles to the west of Tyler, TX.

Meyers_411%20(2).JPG

The cabin has washer/dryer, shower, toilet, and the main room with living/sleeping area. It is furnished and has a small refrigerator and microwave but does not have a kitchen or separate sleeping area.  To see the property please contact me as the owner isn't on site often. To discuss price or the sale of this property contact the owner. Asking only $39,000.

OWNER Johnny Myers 214-542-2177

Edited by Kirk Wood

Kirk it might be helpful if a location was given. I'm not sure where Bass Lake is and I'm sure there may be more than one Bass Lake. Thanks 

I'm sure Kirk will be along soon, if I recall correctly Bass Lake is located near the Tyler and Lindale, TX neck of the woods.  The community does have a an annual HOA fee, but for what you get provided with this fee it is a darn right bargain.

You can find us via this Google link or just plug the full name into the search window.

We are actually located a bit farther west than Lindale, being between I-20 exit 544 and 548. From there we are just under 1 mile to the south on CR424. 

We are not an HOA, but a co-op much like the Escapee co-op parks, which the founders used as a model when organizing this place. There is an annual fee of $800 which provides members with city water for the house, well water at each lot for flowers, lawns and such, streets (which are private). trash removal, septic, community center, and other common areas. You pay property tax on any improvements to the property while the corporation pays them on all land and the community center. Operated by an elected board.  Unlike the SKP co-ops, we allow members to build a small house if they wish. 

I might add that this place is very secure when you are gone and there are times when 2/3 or more of the members are traveling. Most of us either are or once were members of Escapees.

Edited by Kirk Wood

The current annual fee is $800 per year and it includes well and city water, sewer, streets and common areas as well as our community center. 

The owners are currently in residence and are available to show the space. It is a good opportunity to take a good look at this nice cabin. 

4 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

area code 214 is Texas

True, but the property is also in TX as it says elsewhere in the thread. We are no longer involved in helping the member to sell this as we are currently traveling for the summer, so if interested, contact the owner, Johnny Myers at (214)542-2177.