Past time to leave Montana

Wrknrvr

I been out digging out of snow and ice. Got back to the electric cord that I poured RV antifreeze on.

Cord came out with just a little help Yesterday it was stuck.

There maybe some stuff I will find in the spring.

The sun even made an appearance.

Safe Travels,.  Vern

This post that I just posted did not post when I thought it would.

So yesterday we really did try try to get going. But finally decided to go Monday morning. The DW is doing much better with the left arm compared to when her right arm had rotator cuff surgery. Basically no pain meds now. But she is bored and frustrated that she can only do so much. Then I help her , and packing was frustrating for her as she had to waite for me to come in from my outside packing to help.

So yesterday I moved the truck into position to hook up this am. Only less than a foot to go backwards and latch the hitch tight. Hooked the lights up and tested them. All work properly. Hooked the charge line from RV to the truck batteries and it is working. Just need to pull in two slides yet and th electric line. Hookup and pull jacks up.

Yesterday the truck moved on the ice and snow without slipping at all. The ground is still frozen so I think we can get out without chains. But I have them just in case.

Today's forecast at sunup is freezing fog. Maybe black ice. So the plan is to get out of our spot and about 1 mike to a pulloff so we can see what the roads are like. 

So need to Waite for warmer temps to drive. Then to get into travel mode and get south of Salt Lake City as fast as possible.

Safe Travels,.   Vern

It is still in the mid to upper 70's through Thursday here in Vegas and we will get a nasty cold front after that pushing us down into the upper 60's 68 / 69 then we warm back up to the mid to upper 70's again through Thanks giving. It has been a great fall season here. I think you will be happy with the weather south of here her when you get into Arizona.

Later,

Vegas Teacher

Yesterday I plowed a 3" drift from in front of the fifth wheel. Woke today and someone blew it back in again.

so I plowed it again. Then plowed out the jeep, moved it forwards. Now if the truck will start tomorrow it will be moved out so I can load the jeep. That is if the ice melts of the ramps.

temps tonight at about 8 degrees.

When we get to our site in Montana I bury the water and sewer macerator lines. It was windy along with the snow. Yep 100' of frozen water and sewer lines this am. Pulled them out today. Sota had to pour water on a few spots to thaw the ground.

So the water lines are in a heated shed. Will have water for the tank tomorrow and pump sewer also. Luckily the macerator pump did not break. Put heat tape an insulation over them with a heat tape.

Now the Auquahot heating system is working really good. Did not want to try it out like this, but ----- happens.

The wife is doing really good for her shoulder surgery. Now we have been practicing her climbing a ladder so as to get into the truck. No left arm to use for at least 3 months. But she really wants to get out of the white stuff.

Just got back from buying tire chains.

Safe Travels,.  Vern

Yesterday I plowed a 3" drift from in front of the fifth wheel. Woke today and someone blew it back in again.

so I plowed it again. Then plowed out the jeep, moved it forwards. Now if the truck will start tomorrow it will be moved out so I can load the jeep. That is if the ice melts of the ramps.

temps tonight at about 8 degrees.

When we get to our site in Montana I bury the water and sewer macerator lines. It was windy along with the snow. Yep 100' of frozen water and sewer lines this am. Pulled them out today. Sota had to pour water on a few spots to thaw the ground.

So the water lines are in a heated shed. Will have water for the tank tomorrow and pump sewer also. Luckily the macerator pump did not break. Put heat tape an insulation over them with a heat tape.

Now the Auquahot heating system is working really good. Did not want to try it out like this, but ----- happens.

The wife is doing really good for her shoulder surgery. Now we have been practicing her climbing a ladder so as to get into the truck. No left arm to use for at least 3 months. But she really wants to get out of the white stuff.

Just got back from buying tire chains.

Safe Travels,. 

Wrkrvr - Vern - 

See my post about exit 75 Moapa Valley of Fire Chevron Diesel prices - if you need fuel and if you can hold out, you might want to stop there. Last night I paid 2.88 per gallon. Phone number is below so you can contact them to see if the price is correct or still good, but fuel in Vegas is 3.28 per gallon. 42 cents per gallon is quite a savings if you are buying a 100 gallons or more. Just on a 100 gallons that is $42.00

Anyway safe travels.

Later,

Vegas Teacher

Finally in warm Vegas weather. Pulled into Clark county shooting preserve late today.

Hang out here till Saturday morning then on to Congress Arizona.

Truck did need fuel filters in Missoula Montana. It has run great since then. Did drive on some 1" of ice on I-90 but stoped asap and rested for 3 hous. Then south to  Idahoe and to Vegas .

Resting ,.   Vern

Archived