Random travel thoughts

Darryl&Rita

Random Las Vegas thoughts, after passing through. 

The 158/515 Spaghetti Bowl exchange wasn't all that bad on Friday. The radio had been advising of stop and go traffic at 8 am, when we were about an hour out, but it was smooth sailing when we went through. 

SEMA must be getting set up. If that's what the future of off-road looks like, I must be getting old. Baller rims and trashy decals don't make a 4x4.

Also in town was the race crowd. Fittapaldi racing has a beautiful Mercedes COE.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

SEMA is all about aftermarket items for all vehicles not just 4 x 4's. My son who has an auto restoration business is heading there this year. I went with him one year and we walked about 15 miles a day, lots to see!

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Yep, SEMA week.  Not going this year, but have attended many years and exhibited a few times.  We are in the wheel business, and yes, the big wheel / (relatively) low profile tire look is in, and the big balloon tire look it out.  For better or worse.  26x16 wheels with a 40" tire.  And the big ugly decals are just for the show.  The product sponsors pay big money to build/enter those trucks to showcase their wares, and expect big exposure for it.

You have to be in the business to attend and get a ticket to the exhibit halls.  But if you are a custom car/truck enthusiast and you are in the area, the outside exhibit areas and common areas between the halls are chock full of hundreds of the best custom vehicles and while not necessarily open to the public they do not check for badges until you try to enter the actual exhibit halls so basically anybody can check out all the outdoor exhibits for free.  Also the SEMA cruise and SEMA Ignited show across the street Friday night is open to the public.

Archived