DW wants an oven

GlennWest

I'm not totally sure , but , my DW would likely not want an oven other than for the nice size storage space inside . She does all baking in the convection and turns out some amazing food . I can't ever recall anyone saying no to seconds , let alone firsts . Well , once in a while I play guinea pig and most often even that turns into smiles .

You might suggest that your wife simply had a dream  , maybe even a bad one ( the kind that trick one into thinking something is better than it really is ) . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

We no longer have an oven. We opted to have the oven removed and put in 3 drawers and the cook top instead. Perfectly happy, prefer the storage.

When we had an oven we put quarry tiles on the bottom and that helped even out the heat. Hated having to empty the oven and then lighting it  to bake something.

We bought a large toaster oven so we can bake 12" pizza once in a while, make 6 muffins, 6 cookies etc. With the toaster oven we are much happier and DW actually bakes more items than before. Nothing like fresh baked choc. chip cookies, even if from a refrigerator pkg. of cookies.

25 minutes ago, SWharton said:

We no longer have an oven. We opted to have the oven removed and put in 3 drawers and the cook top instead. Perfectly happy, prefer the storage.

When we had an oven we put quarry tiles on the bottom and that helped even out the heat. Hated having to empty the oven and then lighting it  to bake something.

We bought a large toaster oven so we can bake 12" pizza once in a while, make 6 muffins, 6 cookies etc. With the toaster oven we are much happier and DW actually bakes more items than before. Nothing like fresh baked choc. chip cookies, even if from a refrigerator pkg. of cookies.

DW does all that in the convection ... no wasted counter space . ;)

Interesting discussions all nicely presented,,,,, On this ranch when the DW says she wants something the only questions that come up are How big, What Color, When  and Where do you want it,,,  Just saying.

Jan and Rocky Larson, Volunteers, USFWS , 9,300 hours each. 29 refuges since 2006. 2 new each year.
2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aladdin, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000w PSW inverter

Philippians 4:11-13 KJV

6 minutes ago, rockylarson said:

Interesting discussions all nicely presented,,,,, On this ranch when the DW says she wants something the only questions that come up are How big, What Color, When  and Where do you want it,,,  Just saying.

I'm sorry ... :D

Glenn,

Several  people said not to get the oven when I ordered my rig.  My older class C with the suburban oven worked great, plus I wanted the option to cook if we lost power or were just unplugged.  Needless to say that the new oven SUCKS!!  The temps are all over the place. I could deal if it was always a certain degrees off as I could adjust the temp accordingly. Not to mention that I could of had two more decent drawers for storage.

My oven now is just used to store the microwaves glass plate when we are using the convection feature.  

We also have a toaster/convection oven on the counter for smaller items that need cooked.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Glenn, wife is a baker and wanted not only an oven, but one that would fit a cookie sheet. We went residential apartment size fisher-paykel range in the Teton. Love it so far. Gas convection on 110v. The Springers have one for a few years in their spacecraft and told us about it. 

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/us/kitchen/cooking-appliances/ranges/24-gas-range.OR24SDMBGX2.html

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

We have the Oster linked above by MrSeas.  My wife loves to bake and uses it often for baking breads, cookies, cakes, pies etc.  Also works great for pizza.  The gas oven is only used for storage since she got this electric convection oven.  In the summer we set it outside beside the door when using it so it doesn't heat up the trailer.  In the winter she often uses it indoors and that works better than the gas oven did because it always required a lot of ventilation.

Ron Engelsman

http://www.mytripjournal.com/our_odyssey

Full-Timing since mid 2007

23' Komfort TT

2004 Chevy Avalanche 4x4 8.1L

All our pull-types had a gas oven. We quickly figured out leaving the pizza stone in the bottom of the oven when baking anything evened out the temperature to obtain great baked goods.

The problem arises from having a large LP burner to heat a small poorly-insulated space. The pizza stone was key to  maintaining a consistent temperature. :rolleyes:  DW loves to bake and cook, I love to eat.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We had a Dometric Stove/oven in a 2010 Montana, wasn't the Best (small) but never burnt the meat loaf.

Now in our 2016 FW we have Suburban stove/oven that my wife learned to hate. We were parked in the RV park and met this wonderful lady who later found out she gave educational presentations for RV'ers. Any wife was talking to her and telling of oven experiences. We were told to buy a small "Cold Stone". Place the Cold Stone just over the burner. Now we have a good working little oven. We ordered a Cold Stone from Pampered Chef, it is a little bigger than desired because it covers few holes. Since, we did find a smaller stone in a Gibson's store so small rectangular are available.

The only requirement is before you light the oven check and re-position the stone to the center of plate over the  burner even heat

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We have the new Furrion oven in our DRV.  It was the first one to come through Rolling Retreats with that option.  It isn’t quite residential quality, but it is leaps and bounds better than any other RV oven we have ever used.  Rolling Retreats liked it so much, they now order it in pretty much all their stock units and recommend it to customers doing factory orders.  Here is a link.

https://www.furrion.com/store/appliances/ovens/

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I'm with Chad. I've only used my Furrion once but I like it so far.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Our Atwood Wedgewood stove/oven works fine for us. The newer modulated oven burner rather than the older on/off burners we've had in the past seems to make all the difference. We bake cookies, cakes, roasts, etc. with good results and the temperatures are very stable. I did have to adjust the oven temp control initially, to get the temp to agree with the dial numbers, but that was a simple process. We even did an 18 lb turkey in it last Thanksgiving by cutting it in half and doing half at a time. Our daughters didn't believe we did it in our RV oven until they spotted the toothpicks holding the halves together on the platter. :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived