We have stove top and convection microwave. DW is wanting an oven. All the standard ovens I am aware of is poor results to say the least. Any suggestions

Maybe you could arrange for her to cook something in a friend's oven to see how well it works. She may be thinking it'll be just like a conventional oven in a house.

My wife agrees with you. The temperature is so uneven that in 20 years she only used it 10 or 15 times. She had to constantly check what ever she was baking. 

Actually we had one in the Drv. It was terrible. I don't believe any RV oven worth having. Was wondering if anything would work better that she could use

I'm not totally sure , but , my DW would likely not want an oven other than for the nice size storage space inside . She does all baking in the convection and turns out some amazing food . I can't ever recall anyone saying no to seconds , let alone firsts . Well , once in a while I play guinea pig and most often even that turns into smiles .

You might suggest that your wife simply had a dream  , maybe even a bad one ( the kind that trick one into thinking something is better than it really is ) . ;)

We no longer have an oven. We opted to have the oven removed and put in 3 drawers and the cook top instead. Perfectly happy, prefer the storage.

When we had an oven we put quarry tiles on the bottom and that helped even out the heat. Hated having to empty the oven and then lighting it  to bake something.

We bought a large toaster oven so we can bake 12" pizza once in a while, make 6 muffins, 6 cookies etc. With the toaster oven we are much happier and DW actually bakes more items than before. Nothing like fresh baked choc. chip cookies, even if from a refrigerator pkg. of cookies.

25 minutes ago, SWharton said:

We no longer have an oven. We opted to have the oven removed and put in 3 drawers and the cook top instead. Perfectly happy, prefer the storage.

When we had an oven we put quarry tiles on the bottom and that helped even out the heat. Hated having to empty the oven and then lighting it  to bake something.

We bought a large toaster oven so we can bake 12" pizza once in a while, make 6 muffins, 6 cookies etc. With the toaster oven we are much happier and DW actually bakes more items than before. Nothing like fresh baked choc. chip cookies, even if from a refrigerator pkg. of cookies.

DW does all that in the convection ... no wasted counter space . ;)

Interesting discussions all nicely presented,,,,, On this ranch when the DW says she wants something the only questions that come up are How big, What Color, When  and Where do you want it,,,  Just saying.

6 minutes ago, rockylarson said:

Interesting discussions all nicely presented,,,,, On this ranch when the DW says she wants something the only questions that come up are How big, What Color, When  and Where do you want it,,,  Just saying.

I'm sorry ... :D

NO wife but paid $264 for a Brevelle  big oven.  Man does it do the job on bread , pies etc.  Course can get the Oster 

or others at better prices..     JIm S

Glenn,

Several  people said not to get the oven when I ordered my rig.  My older class C with the suburban oven worked great, plus I wanted the option to cook if we lost power or were just unplugged.  Needless to say that the new oven SUCKS!!  The temps are all over the place. I could deal if it was always a certain degrees off as I could adjust the temp accordingly. Not to mention that I could of had two more decent drawers for storage.

My oven now is just used to store the microwaves glass plate when we are using the convection feature.  

We also have a toaster/convection oven on the counter for smaller items that need cooked.

Edited by rynosback

Glenn, wife is a baker and wanted not only an oven, but one that would fit a cookie sheet. We went residential apartment size fisher-paykel range in the Teton. Love it so far. Gas convection on 110v. The Springers have one for a few years in their spacecraft and told us about it. 

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/us/kitchen/cooking-appliances/ranges/24-gas-range.OR24SDMBGX2.html

We have the Oster linked above by MrSeas.  My wife loves to bake and uses it often for baking breads, cookies, cakes, pies etc.  Also works great for pizza.  The gas oven is only used for storage since she got this electric convection oven.  In the summer we set it outside beside the door when using it so it doesn't heat up the trailer.  In the winter she often uses it indoors and that works better than the gas oven did because it always required a lot of ventilation.

We have a micro/convec that we have never figured out how to work. Instructions are horrible. I use my daughters all the time and it is simple this one is so weird. 

All our pull-types had a gas oven. We quickly figured out leaving the pizza stone in the bottom of the oven when baking anything evened out the temperature to obtain great baked goods.

The problem arises from having a large LP burner to heat a small poorly-insulated space. The pizza stone was key to  maintaining a consistent temperature. :rolleyes:  DW loves to bake and cook, I love to eat.

We had a Dometric Stove/oven in a 2010 Montana, wasn't the Best (small) but never burnt the meat loaf.

Now in our 2016 FW we have Suburban stove/oven that my wife learned to hate. We were parked in the RV park and met this wonderful lady who later found out she gave educational presentations for RV'ers. Any wife was talking to her and telling of oven experiences. We were told to buy a small "Cold Stone". Place the Cold Stone just over the burner. Now we have a good working little oven. We ordered a Cold Stone from Pampered Chef, it is a little bigger than desired because it covers few holes. Since, we did find a smaller stone in a Gibson's store so small rectangular are available.

The only requirement is before you light the oven check and re-position the stone to the center of plate over the  burner even heat

Clay

We have the new Furrion oven in our DRV.  It was the first one to come through Rolling Retreats with that option.  It isn’t quite residential quality, but it is leaps and bounds better than any other RV oven we have ever used.  Rolling Retreats liked it so much, they now order it in pretty much all their stock units and recommend it to customers doing factory orders.  Here is a link.

https://www.furrion.com/store/appliances/ovens/

Our Atwood Wedgewood stove/oven works fine for us. The newer modulated oven burner rather than the older on/off burners we've had in the past seems to make all the difference. We bake cookies, cakes, roasts, etc. with good results and the temperatures are very stable. I did have to adjust the oven temp control initially, to get the temp to agree with the dial numbers, but that was a simple process. We even did an 18 lb turkey in it last Thanksgiving by cutting it in half and doing half at a time. Our daughters didn't believe we did it in our RV oven until they spotted the toothpicks holding the halves together on the platter. :)

Well guys, that Furrion sounds like the way to go. Seems vage on dimissions though. Could anyone measure theirs and post it?