Issue connecting to Corps Lakes site

lenp

When I attempt to connect to the Corps Lakes website I am getting a Network Error (Gateway_Error).  I usually get this error when connecting to https://corpslakes.erdc.dren.mil/visitors/visitors.cfm page but occasionally I get to that page but then the error pops up when I select a specific state.

I assumed for the last month that the Corps was working on the site causing the issues but last night I was able to get through an on to several individual states to search for campgrounds.  Today, once again I cannot get through.  Tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge and all report the same error.  Even tried on an android tablet with same results.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Thanks,

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

I went right too the link with no problem using W10 using FireFox and a Mobley

When clicking on the Map

Network Error (gateway_error)

An error occurred attempting to communicate with an HTTP or SOCKS gateway.

The gateway may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Thanks for everyone's replies.  I also use the recreation.gov site but prefer the map based feature of the corpslakes site.

I dropped the COE a note this afternoon regarding the issue.  Will post here if I hear anything from them.

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

I have had some problem connecting to a couple of other Gov. sites lately. One being GSA sales.  I am pretty sure the Forest Serv. is transitioning to W10 from W7 about now so I wonder if other agencies are doing the same and causing some issues.

Received the following from COE today.....

the Corps Lakes gateway is having some technical issues, and we're working to resolve those.  In the meantime, you can go to www.recreation.gov where you can learn more about most U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recreation sites.
Bernard Tate
Public Affairs office
Headquarters, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

17 hours ago, lenp said:

Received the following from COE today.....

I have clicked on the link in your original post and it seems to be working just fine for me. I am able to click on a state, the the state map and then choose a lake. All seems to be working as one would expect. Windows 10 and Chrome for what it is worth.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived