Escapees says we have a "right" to park on private property!

Al F

The Escapees RV Club seems to be stating in two separate documents on the Escapees website that we "have the right to park on private property".  I do not believe we have a "right" to park on private property.  Many places welcome RV to park over night, but that is a privilege they extend to us, not a right that we have.

Whom do I contact to request a wording change from "right" to something like "privilege".

Please note: I don't think that the Escapees RV Club is advocating that we have the "right" to park on private property.  Just that there are two documents which imply we do have that "right".

The following quote is found in the document here by clicking on "Good Neighbor Policy Letter".   Here is a direct link to the PDF document.

Some of the most respected RV consumer clubs have joined together to support your right to park
on private businesses’ parking lots overnight under the following code of conduct:

The second document on the Escapees website is located in the "Boondocking Resources" section.  Here is a direct link to the PDF document.

This second document is worded much better in that it starts off with this statement:

Preserve the privilege of overnight
parking. Follow the code and
encourage others to do so, as well!

However, farther down in the document is the same statement implying we have the "right" to park on private property.

Some of the most respected RV consumer clubs have joined Escapees to support your right
to park on private businesses’ property overnight under the following code of conduct:

I bring this up as I ran across a discussion in another forum referencing our "right" to park on private property

Escapees should not be used for a reference to encourage people to think they have the "right" to park on private property. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived