Found a really nice 780 for sale.

chief916

Been seeing this tractor for bout a year down the road from.  It was used to haul a reefer.  Saw a for sale sign on it yesterday so I stopped to ogle it.  No one around to talk to but it had phone numbers on it.  Took some pix's and called him today.  It's a 2014 Volvo 780 white in color.  Milage is 205000...looks well taken care of.  The fella bought it for his son but now his son does not want to drive it....wants to spend more time around home.  I thought about maybe buying it but seeing as I've got the wia64 and have been fixing it up I can't justify what he quoted me for the truck...BUT....it sure is a purtty truck.  If I can figure out how to load pix's I will.

What kind of price was he asking for it. I assume it was a tandem axle 780. Did it have the Volvo engine and i-shift or some other combination?

if you send the pics to my username @ gmail, I can upload them for people. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

On 10/24/2017 at 12:03 PM, BlueLghtning said:

What kind of price was he asking for it. I assume it was a tandem axle 780. Did it have the Volvo engine and i-shift or some other combination?

Well unfortunately could not get up with the owner.  Will try again tomorrow.  Yes it's tandem and still don't know motor/tranny combo yet.  He told me 120 or so for truck and reefer.  He said he could split them up.  Around 85k for the tractor.  Didn't press him to see if he would negotiate.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:03 PM, BlueLghtning said:

Bluelghtning ... Did you get the picture I sent you?

2 hours ago, chief916 said:

Motor is the midsize Volvo motor...he said 450hp and the tranny is 12 speed automatic.  Is this what they call Idrive?

If it's the Volvo motor like the D13, then yeah I think the only option on these is the ishift transmissions which is a 12spd. If they put a different motor other than a volvo motor, then it won't be an i-shift, probably still a 12sd though like the Ultra Plus or something. 

2 hours ago, chief916 said:

Bluelghtning ... Did you get the picture I sent you?

I didn't see any pics or e-mail? 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Archived