Replacement seats

GlennWest

Well, took DW for ride in truck today. She tried about every position she could to get comfortable. Looked to sleeper area and I have already removed lower bed,  So what do I need to do for seat,s. Mine not very comfortable either but I fair better than she does with them. Looked at Sears Elite and they right pricy. I will spend that much but the cheapie in me wants other options. I really don't know what is good seats

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We put in  GM mini van 2nd row seats that had arm rests on both sides. I made mounts to put them on our original air ride seat bases and mounted the switch for the air ride to the plastic trim on the seat. The driver's one has 2 drink holders on the side that work great.

$50 for the pair on Craigslist. 

I believe there is an article in the resource guide about using Honda seats.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

We got the Sears elite 80 leather. No other huge options. Normal air adjustments. We like them  

Kenworth dealer in Atlanta had best prices. Also they can get you the steel adapter plates to match your truck to the Sears seats. I think they were about $40 ea  

I think the Sears were about $600 ea.  

Aldo advertised my original seats on Craigslist and sold them for $300. And stipulated they meet at the Kenworth decker in Atlanta yo get them. 

The buyer was thrilled to get them. Imagine how awful his seats were! Lol 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Same seats sold in 5 hrs online special pick up requirements too. Worn out with few burn holes. The guy was thrilled!  Had two more interested after sale. 

Lol

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

I'd like to hear more about your new seats after you've driven awhile.

I've been wondering where to start.  I keep hearing how nice and comfortable the big rig ride is.  With no weight on a single axle, you really need that spring action, but the seat itself is only fair for comfort.  Every hour at least, I am raising or lowering and scooting around trying to get the pressure off.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

I hear ya, Kevin.  If I had one gripe on my truck it is the OEM Volvo seats.  The passenger side on mine has no arm rests and the driver seat has several broken springs.

I was looking at my local Volvo dealer and they have several very nice options in the $500 range.  I was always thinking these seats were more expensive...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

21 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Well, took DW for ride in truck today. She tried about every position she could to get comfortable. Looked to sleeper area and I have already removed lower bed,  So what do I need to do for seat,s. Mine not very comfortable either but I fair better than she does with them. Looked at Sears Elite and they right pricy. I will spend that much but the cheapie in me wants other options. I really don't know what is good seats

Glenn...six months ago I replaced my t915s for some corsairs from suburban seats.  Wasn't cheep but not real expensive...around $800. Bucks per seat but what a difference.  These are heated and have a back messager built in.  Oh and they are pretty wide.  Wider then the telladagas I replaced.  DW is very pleased cause now she can recline a little bit more with these.  There was a slight mix up at first and they sent seats sans the back massager but we got it straightened out and Cecilla was quick to get things right for us.  I have no regrets on these seats...they spiff up the looks of this older Volvo not to mention they ride very well.

We need new air seats.  Where can we got to sit in these things before buying them?  Preferably somewhere in the southwest

:-)

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

Most of the larger dealers have seats to try out. Especially Paccar dealers. Also, some larger chrome shops have seats to try.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to try, before you buy. You need to compare seats side-by-side in order to select the best for YOU. It may not be the most expensive.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I know that some the large truck stops ...kenly NC: ex have them. It's 3rd largest in the states...so it claims.  We go there alot and there is always 5 or 6 on the floor to check out.  To be sure there's got to be more truck stops that display them.  Jack is right.. Do make the effort to try to sit in a bunch of them.  Best of luck.

Those Bostrum wide with Serta memory foam are really nice. I sit in one today. Kenworth dealer has in stock. $950.00 each best price he gave me. Don't find any less on line when shipping figured in. Taking DW morrow to try out. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

22 hours ago, Sculptor said:

I'd like to hear more about your new seats after you've driven awhile.

I've been wondering where to start.  I keep hearing how nice and comfortable the big rig ride is.  With no weight on a single axle, you really need that spring action, but the seat itself is only fair for comfort.  Every hour at least, I am raising or lowering and scooting around trying to get the pressure off.

We have had the Sears Elite 80 Sears for almost 7 years now. They feel like the day we got them. No issues for us. 

Like Jack said, try some on. 

2 hours ago, billr said:

We have had the Sears Elite 80 Sears for almost 7 years now. They feel like the day we got them. No issues for us. 

Like Jack said, try some on. 

9 hours ago, chief916 said:

I know that some the large truck stops ...kenly NC: ex have them. It's 3rd largest in the states...so it claims.  We go there alot and there is always 5 or 6 on the floor to check out.  To be sure there's got to be more truck stops that display them.  Jack is right.. Do make the effort to try to sit in a bunch of them.  Best of luck.

Chief:  We don't get over past Raleigh very often, and I was surprised to hear about the place in Kenly.  Thanks for the info.  

Jack and Bill: thanks I will be on the lookout for places to try out options.

I wonder how to package a truck stop as a "vacation destination"?

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

I wondered if you still have these.  I am going to take the advice offers by Jack and others and try some out before I decide on one.  

Is there a trick to getting more legroom horizontally or the ability to lean the VNL seats back more?  We have the factory cabinets in the way and no options as far as I can tell. 

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Archived