Air brakes!

noteven

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, noteven said:

Here is a channel with info on the care and feeding of air brakes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCixMlmdY1xka_KHx1FfQjxQ/search?query=air+brake

Thank you for posting. The guys in the HDT section need to see these videos.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

5 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Thank you for posting. The guys in the HDT section need to see these videos.

Al

Speak for yourself. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Alan, a lot of us in the HDT group have commercial CDL's or non commercial class A licenses. At our national rally last week, we had an instructor from Salina Tech come down and give two classes. One of them was on air brakes to include trailer brakes and ABS systems. As a group, we are probably more familiar with our trucks than the average class A owner as a lot of us work on our own trucks and have projects where we help others during our rallies.

Not saying that all of the HDT owners are that way but a large percentage are. It is also a topic that comes up from time to time in the HDT forum including compressors, air driers, spring cans, slack adjustor checks and the like. But still you have noted a good reference for everyone that has an airbrake system on their rig

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

17 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Alan, a lot of us in the HDT group have commercial CDL's or non commercial class A licenses. At our national rally last week, we had an instructor from Salina Tech come down and give two classes. One of them was on air brakes to include trailer brakes and ABS systems. As a group, we are probably more familiar with our trucks than the average class A owner as a lot of us work on our own trucks and have projects where we help others during our rallies.

Not saying that all of the HDT owners are that way but a large percentage are. It is also a topic that comes up from time to time in the HDT forum including compressors, air driers, spring cans, slack adjustor checks and the like. But still you have noted a good reference for everyone that has an airbrake system on their rig

Hi Dave,

Thank you for helping me out. I did not think about  how many different people had there CDL's in the HDT section. I was thinking about the fellow that gave the talk at the nationals on the air brakes and how it could help us out.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived