Aquahot Issue

I've got an Aquahot 400D in my coach - but am experiencing some weirdness.    Everything seems to behave normally - i.e, the heat exchangers in each zone start to blow when the coach temperature falls below the temp set on the thermostat - and will begin to blow warm air and the temperature readings at the exchangers quickly rise to roughly 90 degrees (tested with a digital infrared thermometer).   However, after a very brief time (and before the temperature in the zone rises to the "set" temperature for the zone) - the exchangers start blowing cold air.   Once they start blowing "cold air" - they continue to blow cold air until they are shut off manually (i.e., turning the thermostat controller to off).   

This happens consistently - and in conditions that I would NOT consider extreme conditions (i.e., outdoor temperatures in the 50 - 55 degree range, thermostat set to maintain 69 degrees inside the coach)

I tried to post this question on the RV Hydronic Heater Repair Website.  Unfortunately,  my account appears to be stuck in "no man's land".  They appear to have my email address on file - so I can't create a new registration.  However, when I follow the instructions to recover the username/password of what must be an "existing" account - I get a message telling me that my username/password reset info has been sent to my email address - yet nothing arrives in my inbox (or in my junk mail files).     

Any input on my issue would be greatly appreciated.  Heck, I'd even be happy with an email address to try to reach the folks at RV Hydronic Heater Repairs to get my account access issue resolved so that I can try posting there!  

Edited by SpaceNorman

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

You may have an issue with the sensor for the domestic hot water tripping the heat off. They do that so that when the hot water is used the heat shuts down to save the energy for the water.

Just a quick thought.    Vern

Do the fans still blow air. If they do you may have a pump problem.

Edited by Wrknrvr
Forgot it

4 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

You may have an issue with the sensor for the domestic hot water tripping the heat off.

We had an issue with that shortly after we purchased the coach - and had the thermostat that controls that replaced.   I suspect this problem is something different since we start getting "good" heat out of the heat exchangers in the coach ... 

4 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

Just a quick thought.    Vern

Do the fans still blow air. If they do you may have a pump problem.   

Yes - the fans on the heat exchangers continue to blow air.   When the thermostat and zone sensors inside the coach see the temperature fall below the set temperature (usually 69 or 70 degrees) - the heat exchangers kick on, the fans start to blow - and actually blow hot air (temps in the 90s) - however after just a few minutes, the output cools to a degree or two (72..ish degrees) above the set temperature which "feels" like it's simply blowing cold air and doesn't do much to raise the temperature in the zone.

Edited by SpaceNorman

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

• 4 years later...

Hey there Norman, as if this were any comfort lol I follow lots of RV travelers and they have had so many problems with the Aquahot system grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and this is even in NEW high end coaches. Looks like a trip to a certified reputable dealer Oh well such is RV life but I have no plans to quit......

John T 

So I am thinking your control pad may be having trouble communicating with the Aquahot.

Last summer I had two situations where that was thought to be the problem.  One customer was going to take to the factory in a few days . So we ended our searching for the problem at that point. He had another issue with the control pad on the wall not operating something else also.

I was a dealer for years. But have decided to hide from work stuuffff for the winter.

I would suggest to call the manufacturer Monday ASAP.    I do think I would call Aquahot ASAP also.  Have coach vin and last 8 of vin.  Also the model and serial number of the Aquahot. As they both will ask for them to continue.

Sorry not being able to help. It would be nice if you could post a picture of your control pad. And the name/make of it also.

Vern

it would really helpful to others if you could keep us informed as to what is happening with your unit.